Measuring and Optimizing Pressure Drop Web Seminar
On-demand Web Seminar
Join us for a complimentary web seminar, where we will discuss the complexities of designing a valve while controlling pressure drop and what this means for the overall design of the finished product. To illustrate this, the presenter will show you how easy it is with FloEFD to prepare a valve design for analysis, analyze it and then evaluate the results, The presenter will then go on to show you how to perform “what-if” analysis by simply modifying the MCAD geometry and viewing the simulation results for the new model.
What You Will Learn
- Visualize pressure and flow distributions in a virtual 3D environment
- Understand the impact of design changes and how it can effect pressure
- Export detailed reports to Microsoft’s Word and Excel
About the Presenter
Chris is a Senior Applications Engineer and Thermo-Fluid Engineering Supervisor for the Mechanical Analysis Division (formerly Flomerics) of Mentor Graphics. He is responsible for technical leadership of Mentor’s FloEFD product line in North America.
Prior to Mentor Graphics, Chris worked for NIKA and CD-adapco, starting his career in the commercial CFD industry in 1995. His engineering roles through the years have included consulting and technical support, but his main role and interest is in pre-sales application engineering to assist the sales teams.
Chris received his BS in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, and his MS in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University.
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Product Design Managers
- Engineers who are currently using Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire and are interested in a CAD-embedded analysis solution
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
The Modern Picture of Simulation Driven Design: Findings from the 2013 Study
This webinar provides an up to date picture of the state of simulation driven design by sharing findings from a 2013 study.
Thermal Management of an EV Battery Packing Using 1D and 3D CFD
With the increased concerns over the future use of fossil fuels especially in automobiles, the rise of popular sentiment towards electric and hybrid electrical vehicles (EV) is no surprise. But there is...
Voxdale: Virtual Prototyping for the Process and Manufacturing Industries
Design and Engineering Consultancy, Voxdale, talk about why they use Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) as part of their design work flow. Examples of their work in the Process and Manufacturing Industries...