FloEFD CAD Embedded CFD Hands On Workshop – at NIAR
FloEFD for CATIA V5
This complimentary hands on workshop is offered for engineers to experience using FloEFD, a modern CAD-embedded Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solution. Join this session and experience the step change of working directly with simulation analysis and CAD Geometry directly in a familiar CAD environment.
Session are located at facilities that are part of National Institute of Aviation Research (NIAR) , Wichita State University.
Fully CAD Embedded CFD offers significant simulation process time advantages to the engineers in aviation industry and beyond to drive shorter development time by evaluating designs earlier to make the right decisions.
FloEFD has unique automated meshing technology, guided simulation set up and an interface designed for engineers of varied levels of CFD experience to use.
What You Will Learn
- Setting up a simulation in the FloEFD CAD Embedded Interface:
- Automated Meshing
- Guided Simulation set up – boundary conditions, heat transfer etc
- Selecting Fluid Properties
- Accessing and Interpreting simulation results to make decisions
- Running a parametric study for evaluating design changes or conditions rapidly
- Discuss extended use of FloEFD for attendee applications
- Ball Valve - Pressure Drop Analysis
- Heat Exchanger – Efficiency study
- Electronics/Avionics Enclosure – Cooling study
About the Presenter
Chris is the Technical Manager for FloEFD Products for the Mechanical Analysis Division of Mentor Graphics. He is responsible for technical leadership of Mentor’s FloEFD product line in North America. His engineering roles through the years have included consulting, technical support, customer training, and pre and post sales application engineering. Currently he works in the software development group to help influence the direction of FloEFD and promote its growth in North America.
Prior to Mentor Graphics, Chris worked for NIKA and CD-adapco, starting his career in the commercial CFD industry in 1995. Chris received his BS in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, and his MS in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University.
Who Should Attend
Workshop Content specifically designed for:
- Mechanical Engineers
- MCAD Designers
- Product Design Engineers