Response Surface Models in Flowmaster
On-demand Web Seminar
This webinar will consider the growing importance of control system software as an integral part of engineering systems in many industries and demonstrate how to use Flowmaster’s ability to export response surface models meets the challenges of developing control systems, simulators.
What You Will Learn
- How to create and view a response surface in Flowmaster
- How to export this to a portable response surface model (C-code or S-function)
- How Flowmaster can support real-time simulators
- How Flowmaster can integrate into the development of control systems
Who Should Attend
- Anyone interested in exporting Flowmaster models as portable, stand-alone C-code or S-functions.
- Anyone interested in real-time simulation of thermo-fluid networks
- Anyone interested in control system development with thermo-fluid components in the plant or operating environment.
About the Presenter
David is the Product Architect and manages the Research, Design and Innovation Group for Flowmaster, a System CFD product in Mentor Graphics’ Mechanical Analysis Division. David has been working in Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) for since the early 1990s when he developed CFD algorithms for external aerodynamics including:
- Very Large Eddy Simulations on shock wave / turbulence interactions
- Modeling external turbulent flows in aerospace and marine
- Drag prediction
- Quasi-unsteady methodologies for store release and propeller simulations.
- Flow-Feature Extraction
More recently, David has worked extensively in mathematical modeling across a range of industries from decision support systems in the rail industry through to attitude control systems in the space sector.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.