Simulating and Optimizing Flow Fields Web Seminar
On-demand Web Seminar
Overview Join us for this complimentary 1-hour web seminar, where the presenter will discuss analyzing the inside of an oven, making sure the heat flow inside is even and what this means for the overall design of the finished production line. To illustrate this, the presenter will show you how easy it is with FloEFD to simulate the design of the mixing processes for analysis, analyze them and then evaluate the results. The presenter will then go on to show you how to perform "what-if" analysis by simply modifying the MCAD geometry of the model and viewing the simulation results for the new model.
What You Will Learn
- Perform analysis using a FloEFD wizard and a familiar CAD interface
- Visualize fluid and thermal flow in a virtual 3D environment
- Understand the impact of design changes and how it can effect fluid flow around a product
- Export detailed reports to Microsoft's Word and Excel
About the Presenter
John Wilson joined Mentor Graphics Corporation, Mechanical Analysis Division (formerly Flomerics Ltd) after receiving his BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Colorado at Denver. Since joining in 1999, John has worked on or managed more than 70 thermal and airflow design projects.
His modeling and design knowledge range from component level to Data Centers, heat sink optimization and compact model development. John has extensive experience in IC package level test and analysis correlation through his work at Mentor Graphics' Fremont based Thermal Test Facility.
He is currently the Application Engineering Manager, in the Western Region, for the Mechanical Analysis Division.
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Product Design Managers
- Engineers who are currently using MCAD and are interested in a CAD-embedded analysis solution
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.