Simulating and Optimizing Heat Transfer Web Seminar
On-demand Web Seminar
Join us for a complimentary 45-minute web seminar, where the presenter will discuss the complexities of designing and integrating cooling into injection molds while still managing heat and what this means for the overall design of the finished product. To illustrate this, the presenter will show you how easy it is with FloEFD to prepare a product design for analysis, analyze it and then evaluate the results, The presenter will then go on to show you how to perform “what-if” analysis by simply modifying the MCAD geometry and viewing the simulation results for the new model.
What You Will Learn
- How to quickly perform analysis using a FloEFD wizards
- Visualize heat distribution in a virtual 3D environment
- Understand the impact of design changes and how it can effect temperatures
- Export detailed reports to Microsoft’s Word and Excel
About the Presenter
Alexandra Francois-Saint-Cyr is the Applications Engineering Manager for North America at Mentor Graphics, Mechanical Analysis Division (Previously Flomerics). For the past 8 years, she has been working on promoting the use of the Mentor Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software by conducting training classes, seminars and software demonstrations.
After graduating from ESSTIN, France’s State Graduate School of Engineering back in 1997, Alex studied to improve passenger comfort in the trains at Alstom Transport by using CFD software FloVENT. In 1999, she moved to the United States where she received her MSME from the University of Central Florida. There she worked on a meso-scale centrifugal compressor project, her research leading to the ‘Best Technical Paper’ award in the Advanced Energy Systems Division at the International ASME show in 2000
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Product Design Managers
- Engineers who are currently using MCAD and are interested in a CAD-embedded analysis solution
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.