Simulating and Optimizing Mixing Processes Web Seminar
On-demand Web Seminar
Join us for a complimentary 45-minute web seminar, where the presenter will discuss the challenges vehicle manufactures face when designing manifolds for engines.
Some of the challenges inherent with manifold systems are high temperatures and the uniform mixing of two gases. These issues will be analyzed simultaneously through simulation using Mentor Graphics' CFD analysis software for mechanical engineers FloEFD. The presenter will show that expensive prototypes, test equipment and time to market can all be reduced dramatically with the early implementation of embedded CFD software into a users existing MCAD system. In addition to the speed at which the designer can complete the design, the ultimate product will be less expensive while maintaining optimal performance.
To illustrate this, the presenter will demonstrate how easy it is to prepare a product design for analysis, analyze it and then evaluate the detailed results, The presenter will then go on to show you how to perform "what-if" analysis by simply modifying the MCAD geometry and viewing the simulation results for the new model.
What You Will Learn
- Perform analysis using a FloEFD wizard and a familiar CAD interface
- Visualize mixing processes in a virtual 3D environment
- Understand the impact of design changes and how it can effect the mixing of fluids/gases
- Export detailed reports to Microsoft's Word and Excel
About the Presenter
Joe Proulx has worked for Mentor Graphics Mechanical Analysis, formerly Flomerics, as a consultant engineer since July 2005 and is currently an application engineer. He also participates in training, customer support and consulting.
Joe's prior employment was with Sycamore Networks where he was responsible for all aspects of designing the cooling of the company's products. Along with the use of thermal simulation software, Joe was able work in a thermal lab complete with a thermal imaging camera, wind tunnel, multiple hot wire anemometers, thermocouples and other ubiquitous lab equipment.
Before that, Joe was employed by Degree Controls as thermal consultant. Degree Controls is a complete thermal solutions provider. Joe was responsible for handling customer's thermal needs from computational thermal analysis to physical flow and temperature measurement.
Prior to his position at Degree Controls, Joe was employed by Cabletron Systems in Rochester, NH. While there, Joe worked as a thermal analyst utilizing FloTherm and a complete thermal lab.
Joe graduated from the University of New Hampshire in 1995 with a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Product Design Managers
- Engineers who are currently using MCAD and are interested in a CAD-embedded analysis solution
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
The Modern Picture of Simulation Driven Design: Findings from the 2013 Study
This webinar provides an up to date picture of the state of simulation driven design by sharing findings from a 2013 study.
Thermal Management of an EV Battery Packing Using 1D and 3D CFD
With the increased concerns over the future use of fossil fuels especially in automobiles, the rise of popular sentiment towards electric and hybrid electrical vehicles (EV) is no surprise. But there is...
Voxdale: Virtual Prototyping for the Process and Manufacturing Industries
Design and Engineering Consultancy, Voxdale, talk about why they use Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) as part of their design work flow. Examples of their work in the Process and Manufacturing Industries...