The ROI of Concurrent Design with CFD
On-demand Web Seminar
In today’s tough economic climate, all investment into technology must meet strict return on investment (ROI) criteria. Companies are no longer just dealing with delivering better quality products - they have to do it faster and more efficiently in order to compete effectively. Aberdeen Group, a leading PLM industry consulting and research organization, recently conducted an in-depth study of how large and small manufacturers facing market pressures are embracing upfront concurrent design and analysis methodologies to achieve timely ROI. According to their research published in The ROI of Concurrent Design with CFD, using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation tools upfront during the design stage can help manufacturers meet quality targets at design release, achieve product revenue targets, meet product launch dates and product cost targets.
For years, CFD analysis has been the reserve of highly skilled specialists. With today’s ever increasing pressure to get products to market faster, this option is no longer the only alternative. Concurrent CFD solutions enable design engineers to take advantage of the benefits of CFD during the design stage. Because CFD is fully embedded into CAD, design engineers can now quickly and easily simulate their designs within their preferred CAD environment. They can perform design variation “what-ifs”, optimize their product design models and reduce re-spins.
Attend this web seminar to learn more details about Aberdeen’s findings and see how a Concurrent CFD solution can be easily and effortlessly used during the design phase. You will also have an opportunity to pose your questions to Ms. Boucher and Mr. Watson during the Q&A session.
All attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the ‘The ROI of Concurrent Design with CFD’ whitepaper published by Aberdeen Group, valued at $399.
What You Will Learn
- How adoption of flow and thermal analysis tools in the early stages of design can help create better, more reliable products, faster
- How using up-front embedded concurrent CFD in an already established MCAD system can help you realize ROI faster
- How CAD-embedded CFD analysis reduces design times
- How changes in fluid flow can dramatically alter a product’s efficiency
- How an engineer can quickly explore ‘what-if’ scenarios to optimize their design
- Why virtual prototyping can outperform physical prototyping
- How fast, accurate, built-in functionality can reduce the need for CFD analysis expertise
About the Presenters
Michelle Boucher is a senior research analyst in the Product Innovation and Engineering practice at Aberdeen Group, where she has published over 60 reports that identify product development best practices. She has conducted extensive research on topics such as product design, simulation, systems engineering, mechatronics, embedded systems, improving product performance, and mass customization. Her fact-based research has benchmarked over 1500 product development professionals to provide actionable recommendations for deploying technologies and implementing Best-in-Class practices to manage the complexity of today’s products, markets, design environments and value chains to achieve higher profitability.
Chris is the Technical Manager for FloEFD Products for the Mechanical Analysis Division of Mentor Graphics. He is responsible for technical leadership of Mentor’s FloEFD product line in North America. His engineering roles through the years have included consulting, technical support, customer training, and pre and post sales application engineering. Currently he works in the software development group to help influence the direction of FloEFD and promote its growth in North America.
Prior to Mentor Graphics, Chris worked for NIKA and CD-adapco, starting his career in the commercial CFD industry in 1995. Chris received his BS in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, and his MS in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University.
Who Should Attend
- Managers interested in achieving ROI and process improvements
- MCAD Design Engineers
- Product Design Consultants
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Users
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.