Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systems
Information Day - System Level Thermal Testing - Measurement Methodology
T3Ster - Thermal Transient Tester
Spend the day with us learning about our measurement system for the fast and very accurate thermal characterization of electronic components and systems (IC packages, MOSFETS, IGBTs, etc.)
You will also experience hands-on practical exercises with the T3Ster Measurement System.
This one day event is offered free of charge. Complimentary refreshments and lunch are provided.
To reserve your complimentary seat, please register today!
What You Will Learn
- Basics of the system and the measurement methodology
- Basic T3Ster and Modules for diverse application areas - typical configurations
- Use in practice within the electronic industry, application examples (LEDs, IGBTs, TIMs, etc.)
- Rth/Zth structure functions as well as reliability of High Power Electronics
- Interfacing CFD simulation – thermal analysis concept in completion
- New member of the product family: The DynTIM - the thermal interface material tester (Concept and test measurements)
About the Presenter
Mathew Clark received his B.Eng in 2012 in Micro-and Nanotechnology from McMaster University in Canada. Upon returning to Germany after 10 years in Canada, he began working as Field Application Engineer for the Mechanical Analysis Division of Mentor Graphics. His main interests lie in Semiconductor characterization, testing and test development, statistics and electronic/semiconductor design.
Who Should Attend
- Electronic engineers, physicists, measurement engineers, project managers and laboratory engineers
- Material engineers, Mechanical engineers, appliance manufacturing engineers, assembly engineers, process engineers, chemical engineers, reliability and quality engineers
- Those who are in charge of ensuring the reliability of electronic components like Chips, IGBTs, MOSFETs, (high power) LEDs as well as LED-chains
- Those involved in semiconductors, automotive electronics, systems, LED technology and chemical
Let there be more LED light!
Over the last decade, as the efficiencies of Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) has increased to the point where they are a viable replacement for incandescent bulbs and compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) the world...
Selecting the right Thermal Interface Material (TIM) for electronics packages based on accurate thermal measurement data
Thermal Interface Materials (TIMs) are used to establish good thermal contact between mating surfaces in an IC package. With ever increasing power density, especially in power electronics packages, it is...
Introduction to DynTIM
A complimentary on-line web seminar on how and why to use the new DynTIM product from Mentor Graphics.