An Investigation into UAV Avionics Cooling Using FloEFD
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event. However a recording of a previous session is available as an on-demand web seminar.View This On-Demand Web Seminar Now
This webinar illustrates how Concurrent CFD technology can be used to investigate avionics cooling on-board a UAV helicopter. First, combined external and internal flow calculations are run to determine how the speed and pitch of the aircraft impact upon cooling system performance. Next, the avionics bay is modeled in detail to investigate alternative cooling duct designs. Finally, a zoom-in analysis is performed to predict junction temperatures for discrete electronics devices.
The entire study is performed using a single CAD model, directly in the CAD environment with no CAD translation.
About the Presenter
Matt joined Mentor Graphics in November 2008 as an Application Engineer, based in Hampton Court, London.
Prior to that Matt spent 10 years at QinetiQ, Farnborough working in applied aerodynamics where he was involved in research on a variety of civil and military projects. In addition to extensive experience of CFD, he also has experience of design optimisation methods and experimental wind-tunnel testing.
Matt graduated in 1998 from City University with an MEng in Aeronautical Engineering and in 2007 obtained Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society status.
Who Should Attend
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Product Design Managers
- Engineers who are interested in a CAD-embedded analysis solution
What You Will Learn
- How FloEFD can be used to investigate several different aspects of combined thermal and airflow problem
- How FloEFD can be used to analyze multiple design variants of a single CAD model with no CAD translation required
- How to perform a zoom-in analysis using FloEFD to rapidly investigate detailed aspects of the design problem
- How FloEFD's built-in electronics cooling design elements can be used in the analysis of avionics components
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Enhancing Productivity in Electronics Cooling by incorporating EDA and MCAD Design workflowhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/introduction-to-flotherm-xt Jun 6, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Jun 11, 2013 : Stuttgart, DE
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Sep 18, 2013 : Frankfurt, DE
- Thermal Characterization of Electronic Components & Systemshttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/thermal-characterization-seminar Nov 13, 2013 : Frankfurt, DE
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Electronics Cooling Session)
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Mechanical & Electronics Cooling Sessions)
- FloEFD Software Hands-on Workshophttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/floefd-software-hands-on-workshop Jun 19, 2013 : Frankfurt, Germany - (Mechanical Session)
- A Step Change in Automotive System Simulation – 1D/3D Integrationhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/a-step-change-in-automotive-system-simulation---1d-3d-integration Jul 3, 2013 : Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, UK
- A Step Change in Mil/Aero System Simulation – 1D/3D Integrationhttp://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/events/a-step-change-in-mil-aero-system-simulation---1d-3d-integration Jul 11, 2013 : Mentor Graphics, Newbury, UK