Voxdale: Virtual Prototyping for the Process and Manufacturing Industries
On-demand Web Seminar
In this special 20-minute web presentation, Voxdale, a design and engineering agency, based in Antwerp, talk about how their design process uses Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to augment industrial projects. Koen shows that by using virtual prototyping and simulation early on in their design process, they can create more innovative and radical design solutions.
Koen will go on to show highlights of some of the projects that he has worked on in the Process Industry.
Join us for this presentation and see what can be achieved if you use a tool that allows you to experiment and push your designs to the limit.
What You Will Learn
- Find out about Voxdale, a design and engineering consultancy
- See how the design process works at Voxdale, from concept, through virtual prototyping and simulation, to production
- Look at the results of some of Voxdale’s Process Industry case studies, there will also be a chance to ask Koen questions about some of his past projects.
About the Presenter
Koen Beyers is the founder and Managing Director of Voxdale (Antwerp).
Established in 2005, Voxdale is a renowned design and engineering agency, for clients in consumer & investment industries, and in processing, automotive & aerospace sectors.
Koen holds a Masters in Industrial Design and Product Development.
He is an expert in New Product Development, Design optimization and Engineering.
Koen and Voxdale have been working with Mentor Graphics’ software since 2005.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers and Designers
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Users
- CFD software users involved in the Process Industry
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.