Workflow Automation with FloTHERM v10.0
On-demand Web Seminar
This webinar will explain the various methods available in FloTHERM v10.0 to completely automate aspects of the thermal design workflow. Worked examples using FloSCRIPT playback and FloXML creation with command line solve and post-processing will be presented and explained. By understanding and applying these technologies to your thermal design workflow bottlenecks, you can quickly demonstrate an increase in productivity with FloTHERM and a significant reduction in engineering time and cost to perform many design tasks.
What You Will Learn
- What technologies and features are available for task automation in FloTHERM v10.0
- How the FloSCRIPT playback feature (new in FloTHERM v10.0) can automate model creation and model editing tasks
- How FloXML is used with command line functionality to automate model creation, solving and post-processing
- What content and examples are provided with FloTHERM v10.0 to minimize the time and resources required to implement automation techniques in your organization for your thermal design workflow
- Become more productive with FloTHERM
- Bring cost savings and a shortened thermal design cycle to your organization
- Eliminate thermal modeling bottlenecks with automation techniques
About the Presenter
Product Manager – Electronics Cooling
Mentor Graphics, Mechanical Analysis Division
Byron Blackmore is currently the Product Manager for FloTHERM PCB. Byron has been with Flomerics/Mechanical Analysis Division for 9 years, and has previously acted as the Electronics Cooling Engineering Supervisor for North America. He has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the Technical University of Nova Scotia and an MS in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in fluid dynamics and heat transfer from the University of Alberta.
Who Should Attend
- Thermal/Mechanical Engineering Managers
- FloTHERM Users
- Thermal Engineers
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.