FloEFD for CATIA V5 is a computational fluid dynamics analysis tool that is truly embedded into CATIA V5. It enables engineers to directly work on their CAD model for preparing and evaluating their concurrent CFD simulation:
- CAD integrated
- Automated meshing
- Robust convergence criteria
- Streamlined workflows
It is the only CFD software delivering local user interfaces in Japanese, Chinese, French, German and Russian.
“CAD-embedded CFD makes it possible to determine simulation results nearly as fast as we can change the design. The result is that we were able to improve the flow rate of our new CO2 valve by 15% while eliminating about 50 prototypes and reducing time to market by 4 months.”
Daniel Gaisbacher, Ventrex
VENTREX Automotive GmbH
View success story
CATIA V5-embedded CFD Simulation
CAD-embedded simulation enables engineers to conduct analysis in the same user environment as design. Therefore, engineers can use the latest CATIA V5 geometry for analysis to conduct multiple design studies and evaluate how the modifications influence the performance of the design without the hassle of data translation or reapplying boundary conditions and material properties.
Parametric Study and Design Comparison Functionality
The compare configuration and parametric study capability inside FloEFD enables engineers to understand the influence of changes in the geometry or boundary conditions on the results. Users can evaluate the design envelope by assessing results by numerical values, by graphs and by visual images and animations and thereby compare a wide range of project permutations.
Fast and Automated Cartesian Meshing Technology
FloEFD uses Cartesian meshing technology which is recognized as the most efficient framework for simulating fluid flows, heat and mass transfer. In addition, the meshing process can be automated easily for even the most complex CAD geometries. When coupled with an immersed boundary cut-cell approach, this form of preprocessing inside FloEFD gives unprecedented speedup in the overall design process.
FloEFD now includes sliding mesh modeling, letting you create more realistic simulations of rotating equipment and transient flow behaviors, such as when fluid quantity is highly non-uniform around a rotating part.
Instinctive User Experience
FloEFD for CATIA V5 features an easy-to-use GUI with considerable intelligent automation built-in as standard:
- Operate within CATIA V5 graphical user environment
- Powerful analysis wizard guides users through the problem set-up
- Interface uses engineering terms instead of technical jargon therefore users can focus on solving flow problems as opposed to figuring out how to use the software
- Real-time feedback about the solution progress such as convergence, residual errors and monitor point values
- Engineering outputs appear in both a timely and intuitive manner including reports in Microsoft ® Excel and Word
LED and Lighting Thermal Simulation Capabilities
FloEFD's LED Module offers a unique range of capabilities required for various lighting applications:
- Combined thermal and photometric model for LEDs based on T3Ster measurements of actual off-the-shelf LEDs can yield correct power and temperature predictions and "hot lumen" output.
- Its Monte Carlo radiation model is best suited for thermal radiation predictions in lighting applications where lenses or reflectors can cause hot spots in focal points from the light source (solar or man-made).
- A new band-less Monte Carlo model for lighting and radiation allows users to dramatically decrease time required for defining wave-length dependent properties while increasing simulation accuracy of spectral characteristics.
- Its new water film model enables simulation of surface condensation, evaporation, icing and de-icing exploration such as condensation on the inner surfaces of automobile headlights.