FloEFD for NX is the fastest and most efficient computational fluid dynamics analysis tool that is embedded into Siemens NX. It enables engineers to directly work on their CAD model for preparing and evaluating their Concurrent CFD simulation:
- CAD integrated
- Automated meshing
- Robust convergence criteria
- Streamlined workflows
It is the only CFD software delivering local user interfaces in Japanese, Chinese, French, German and Russian.
“We anticipate that because FloEFD is embedded in the NX CAD-interface it will benefit our design group by minimizing design-to-analysis time. This product has the potential to utilize design enhancements made during the analysis to save us three days or more in our current process, making us more productive while improving overall design quality.”
Mike Dunn, Hutchinson SSI
NX-embedded CFD Simulation
CAD-embedded simulation enables engineers to conduct analysis in the same user environment as design. Therefore, engineers can use the latest CAD geometry for analysis to conduct multiple design studies and evaluate how the modifications influence the performance of the design without the hassle of data translation or reapplying boundary conditions and material properties.
Parametric Study and Design comparison Functionality
The compare configuration and parametric study capability inside FloEFD enables engineers to understand the influence of changes in the geometry or boundary conditions on the results. Users can evaluate the design envelope by assessing results by numerical values, by graphs and by visual images and animations and thereby compare a wide range of project permutations.
Fast and Automated Cartesian Meshing Technology
FloEFD uses Cartesian meshing technology which is recognized as the most efficient framework for simulating fluid flows, heat and mass transfer. In addition, the meshing process can be automated easily for even the most complex CAD geometries. When coupled with an immersed boundary cut-cell approach, this form of preprocessing inside FloEFD gives unprecedented speedup in the overall design process.
FloEFD now includes sliding mesh modeling, letting you create more realistic simulations of rotating equipment and transient flow behaviors, such as when fluid quantity is highly non-uniform around a rotating part.
LED and Lighting Thermal Simulation Capabilities
FloEFD's LED Module offers a unique range of capabilities required for various lighting applications:
- Combined thermal and photometric model for LEDs based on T3Ster measurements of actual off-the-shelf LEDs can yield correct power and temperature predictions and "hot lumen" output.
- Its Monte Carlo radiation model is best suited for thermal radiation predictions in lighting applications where lenses or reflectors can cause hot spots in focal points from the light source (solar or man-made).
- A new band-less Monte Carlo model for lighting and radiation allows users to dramatically decrease time required for defining wave-length dependent properties while increasing simulation accuracy of spectral characteristics.
- Its new water film model enables simulation of surface condensation, evaporation, icing and de-icing exploration such as condensation on the inner surfaces of automobile headlights.
Instinctive User Experience
FloEFD for NX features an easy-to-use GUI with considerable intelligent automation built-in as standard:
- Operate within NX graphical user environment
- Powerful analysis wizard guides users through the problem set-up
- Interface uses engineering terms instead of technical jargon therefore users can focus on solving flow problems as opposed to figuring out how to use the software
- Real-time feedback about the solution progress such as convergence, residual errors and monitor point values
- Engineering outputs appear in both a timely and intuitive manner including reports in Microsoft ® Excel and Word