FloEFD is the fastest and most efficient computational fluid dynamics analysis tool that is tightly integrated with all major CAD workflows including Inventor and SolidEdge. It enables engineers to directly work on their CAD model for preparing and evaluating their concurrent CFD simulation.
- CAD integrated
- Automated meshing
- Robust convergence criteria
- Streamlined workflows
In addition, the unique 1D-3D CFD coupling with Flowmaster is an industry first, providing a tight coupling of 1D and 3D software technologies engineered to work natively together with integrated source code. It is the only CFD software delivering local user interfaces in Japanese, Chinese, French, German and Russian.
Parametric Study and Design Comparison Functionality
The compare configuration and parametric study capability inside FloEFD enables engineers to understand the influence of changes in the geometry or boundary conditions on the results. Users can evaluate the design envelope by assessing results by numerical values, by graphs and by visual images and animations and thereby compare a wide range of project permutations.
Fast and Automated Cartesian Meshing Technology
FloEFD uses Cartesian meshing technology which is recognized as the most efficient framework for simulating fluid flows, heat and mass transfer. In addition, the meshing process can be automated easily for even the most complex CAD geometries. When coupled with an immersed boundary cut-cell approach, this form of preprocessing inside FloEFD gives unprecedented speedup in the overall design process.
Instinctive User Experience
FloEFD features an easy-to-use GUI with considerable intelligent automation built-in as standard:
- Powerful analysis wizard guides users through the problem set-up
- Interface uses engineering terms instead of technical jargon therefore users can focus on solving flow problems as opposed to figuring out how to use the software
- Real-time feedback about the solution progress such as convergence, residual errors and monitor point values
- Engineering outputs appear in both a timely and intuitive manner, including reports in Microsoft Excel and Word