Flowmaster V7 Aerospace is an industry-specific thermo-fluid software tool. It enables aircraft engineers to optimize and validate system designs at the very beginning of the development process and ensures organizations are able to meet certification requirements by tracking simulation data throughout the lifecycle of an aircraft within a secure data management system.
With dedicated aircraft system modeling functionality and industry tailored component libraries, streamlined to optimize workflow, users can build system models and run steady state and transient simulations quicker and easier than ever before.
“Flowmaster is a design tool used by our engineers on a daily basis to investigate the fluid mechanics of the fuel system. It helps us understand how changes to the fuel system design will affect performance, and the simulation results are frequently used in conjunction with test results in certification reports for the fuel system.”
Ellis Griffiths, Airbus UK
View success story
Powerful and Versatile Transient Solver
- Solve for water hammer and rapid transient events in fuel, hydraulic and environmental control systems
- Investigate system behavior to ensure safe processes during refueling
- Evaluate system responses under the full range of temperatures and pressures experienced during a flight profile
- Extensive catalog of customizable component models with built-in empirical data
Open, Extendable Architecture
- Extend Flowmaster functionality by creating custom components with embedded intellectual property
- Co-simulate with other leading CAE/CFD tools such as MATLAB Simulink, to optimize overall system performance and aid component development and selection
- Create scripts for controlling components or networks
- ‘Open API’ structure allows integration into user product development process including in-house codes, CAE, manufacturing and optimization tools
- Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI) Model Export support allows Flowmaster models to be shared across other CAE tools during the design process through an independent standard for model exchange.
Design Optimization Capability
The ‘Experiments’ feature in Flowmaster provides users with the ability to conduct superior ‘what-if’ analyses for 1D thermo-fluid analysis.
- Using a Latin Square algorithm, Flowmaster helps users generate unique combinations of distributed input values between specific bounds. This ability creates an ideal foundation for the creation of meta-models and response surfaces that characterize a Flowmaster system response
- Monte Carlo simulations can be performed to produce simulation results based on a probability distribution generated from a mean and standard deviation for selected input parameters. This allows the effect of small variations in input values to be examined and enables Flowmaster to be used in risk analysis and quality control environments such as Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Secure storage of networks, performance data, components and results in an industry standard relational database
- Audit trail & tracking of model design history with ‘roll back’ functionality
- Administration controls for user access permissions to project data
- Database synchronization to enable engineers to work safely onsite, offline from the server
The new Flowmaster “experiments” capability harnesses the power of robust simulation within an exploratory methodology. It allows users to create response surfaces and export meta-model data as either standard ANSI C code or as S-Functions for use in a real-time environment providing support for hardware-in-the-loop simulations.
Using a Latin Square algorithm, Flowmaster helps users generate unique combinations of distributed input values between specific bounds. This ability creates an ideal foundation for designing experiments, and the creation of meta-models and response surfaces that characterize a Flowmaster system response.
Unique 1D-3D Simulation for Thorough System Level Design
- Accurately characterize individual components in FloEFD 3D CFD software
- Use component characteristics in 1D system-level models for system simulation
- Increases solution accuracy and minimizes computational resources and execution times
- Augment component library
Two-phase Steam and Air Mix
Steam is one of the most widely used commodities for conveying heat energy whether in process applications or in the power generation industry. With Flowmaster V7 engineers can model the entire Rankine Cycle with a library of components that includes pipes, condensers, superheaters, steam traps, and a flash tank. By modeling the two phase steam network with Flowmaster V7 you can predict essential characteristics of the system including; enthalpy, entropy, temperature, pressure, flow rate, flow regime and steam quality, allowing for configuration, sizing and operational studies to be performed to help maximize the efficiency of the system design.