Flowmaster V7 Automotive enables thermo-fluid system designs to be optimized and validated from the very beginning of the development process. Engineers and analysts are able to find critical issues immediately and improve collaboration and communication with customers and suppliers, while managing their knowledge. The systems modeling packages include a wide range of standard and system specific components enabling users to build networks and run simulations quicker and easier than ever before.
“With Flowmaster, we can work in a highly targeted way, right from the layout phase. We no longer have to make assumptions; but with numerical simulation programs, we can determine realistic input data for the layout of water pumps and cooling systems based on project-specific characteristics and empirical values from our validated CAE database.”
Andreas Ennemoser, AVL
View success story
Open, Extendable Architecture
Extend Flowmaster functionality by creating custom components with embedded intellectual property
Co-simulate with other leading CAE/CFD tools such as MATLAB Simulink, to optimize overall system performance and aid component development and selection
Create scripts for controlling components or networks
Open API’ structure allows integration into user product development process including in-house codes, CAE, manufacturing and optimization tools
Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI) Model Export support allows Flowmaster models to be shared across other CAE tools during the design process through an independent standard for model exchange.
Secure Traceable Data
- Secure storage of networks, performance data, components and results in an industry standard relational database
- Audit trail & tracking of model design history with ‘roll back’ functionality
- Administration controls for user access permissions to project data
- Database synchronization to enable engineers to work safely onsite, offline from the server
Design Optimization Capability
The ‘Experiments’ feature in Flowmaster provides users with the ability to conduct superior ‘what-if’ analyses for 1D thermo-fluid analysis.
- Using a Latin Square algorithm, Flowmaster helps users generate unique combinations of distributed input values between specific bounds. This ability creates an ideal foundation for the creation of meta-models and response surfaces that characterize a Flowmaster system response
- Monte Carlo simulations can be performed to produce simulation results based on a probability distribution generated from a mean and standard deviation for selected input parameters. This allows the effect of small variations in input values to be examined and enables Flowmaster to be used in risk analysis and quality control environments such as Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
Unique 1D-3D Simulation for Thorough System Level Design
- Accurately characterize individual components in FloEFD 3D CFD software
- Use component characteristics in 1D system-level models for system simulation
- Increases solution accuracy and minimizes computational resources and execution times
- Augment component library