Flowmaster V7 Gas Turbine is an industry specific thermo-fluid system simulation software tool. Many of today’s leading gas turbine manufacturers use it to validate designs and run simulations early in the development process to maximize system efficiency, minimize testing costs, improve quality, promote design repeatability and ultimately reduce gas turbine development cycles.
It combines the proven Flowmaster architecture with optional Swirl and Heat Transfer solver capability of secondary system modeling. The advanced GUI with specific gas turbine component libraries and cavity model creation wizard enables users to build networks and run simulations quicker and easier than ever before. Design optimization features in Flowmaster provide users with the ability to conduct superior ‘what-if’ analyses for 1D thermo-fluid analysis.
Secure Traceable Data
- Secure storage of networks, performance data, components and results in an industry standard relational database
- Audit trail & tracking of model design history with ‘roll back’ functionality
- Administration controls for user access permissions to project data
- Database synchronization to enable engineers to work safely onsite, offline from the server
Design Optimization Capability
The ‘Experiments’ feature in Flowmaster provides users with the ability to conduct superior ‘what-if’ analyses for 1D thermo-fluid analysis.
- Using a Latin Square algorithm, Flowmaster helps users generate unique combinations of distributed input values between specific bounds. This ability creates an ideal foundation for the creation of meta-models and response surfaces that characterize a Flowmaster system response
- Monte Carlo simulations can be performed to produce simulation results based on a probability distribution generated from a mean and standard deviation for selected input parameters. This allows the effect of small variations in input values to be examined and enables Flowmaster to be used in risk analysis and quality control environments such as Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
Unique 1D-3D Simulation for Thorough System Level Design
- Accurately characterize individual components in FloEFD 3D CFD software
- Use component characteristics in 1D system-level models for system simulation
- Increases solution accuracy and minimizes computational resources and execution times
- Augment component library