Power and energy industries have their unique challenges but they all need to rely on the efficient running of their piping systems and therefore optimum design and continual effective maintenance are essential. The ability to ensure accurate delivery of a product and raw materials, especially over long distances and significant elevation change is vital to the overall operation and success of a process plant.
Flowmaster V7 for the process, power and energy industries provides system engineers with a powerful tool to investigate pressure surge, pressure drop, flow rate, temperature and system response times – removing the uncertainty from fluid flow systems. Design optimization features in Flowmaster provide users with the ability to conduct superior ‘what-if’ analyses for 1D thermo-fluid analysis.
“There is little doubt that Flowmaster assisted significantly in the Wivenhoe to Tarong Pipeline to be accurately and safely designed in a such a short time.”
Jurgen Sprengel, AUSTA Electric
Powerful Transient Solver
- Versatile steady state and transient simulation of incompressible and compressible systems with heat transfer analysis
- Pressure surge analysis, temperature and fluid flowrate prediction
- Extensive catalog of customizable component models with built-in empirical data
- Select from a range of heat transfer model options
Two-Phase Advanced Thermo-Fluid Simulation for Power and Energy Markets
Flowmaster provides a two-phase solution that models the phase change from liquid to vapor for steam generation or from vapor to liquid when steam is consumed. Built on the Flowmaster Rigorous Energy Balance Solver, this capability takes advantage of the enhanced fluid properties plus solver framework from the existing generation of the Flowmaster product. By combining these two technologies, users can now begin modeling the phase change that occurs in both steam and liquid processes. The orientation, temperature and pressure flow patterns of steam and liquid are very different, and each one has an impact on the pressure drop and heat transfer. This capability recognizes and models flow accurately and is ideal for the power generation markets thus representing industry-specific components that must be developed to meet industry modeling requirements with faster and more accurate analysis.
Design Optimization Capability
The ‘Experiments’ feature in Flowmaster provides users with the ability to conduct superior ‘what-if’ analyses for 1D thermo-fluid analysis.
- Using a Latin Square algorithm, Flowmaster helps users generate unique combinations of distributed input values between specific bounds. This ability creates an ideal foundation for the creation of meta-models and response surfaces that characterize a Flowmaster system response
- Monte Carlo simulations can be performed to produce simulation results based on a probability distribution generated from a mean and standard deviation for selected input parameters. This allows the effect of small variations in input values to be examined and enables Flowmaster to be used in risk analysis and quality control environments such as Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
Secure Traceable Data
- Secure storage of networks, performance data, components and results in an industry standard relational database
- Audit trail & tracking of model design history with ‘roll back’ functionality
- Administration controls for user access permissions to project data
- Database synchronization to enable engineers to work safely onsite, offline from the server
Unique 1D-3D Simulation for Thorough System Level Design
- Accurately characterize individual components in FloEFD 3D CFD software
- Use component characteristics in 1D system-level models for system simulation
- Increases solution accuracy and minimizes computational resources and execution times
- Augment component library