Maximize Production Times: Optimize Temperatures in Injection Mold Tooling
On-demand Web Seminar
This presentation will show how mold dies that are designed using concurrent CFD can help the tooling produce more products by optimizing the die design.
Injection mold tooling is subject to stringent design criteria:
- They need to have the shortest cycle time possible in order to maximize parts manufacture.
- The quality of the molded material can be highly affected by temperature gradients present in the tooling.
- Other constraints such as the pressure drop in the cooling fluid duct also need to be minimized for cost reasons.
To illustrate this, this presentation will show how, using Concurrent CFD, non-uniform heat transfer areas can be identified on the molded material and how the design can be modified to obtain a higher uniformity while keeping the cycle time short.
What You Will Learn
- Perform fluid flow and heat transfer analysis inside CAD
- Visualize temperature and flow distributions in a virtual 3D environment
- Understand the impact of design changes and how it can affect temperature
- Efficient ways to share results with design teams and customers
About the Presenter
Alexandra Francois-Saint-Cyr is the Applications Engineering Manager for North America at Mentor Graphics, Mechanical Analysis Division (Previously Flomerics). For the past 8 years, she has been working on promoting the use of the Mentor Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software by conducting training classes, seminars and software demonstrations.
After graduating from ESSTIN, France’s State Graduate School of Engineering back in 1997, Alex studied to improve passenger comfort in the trains at Alstom Transport by using CFD software FloVENT. In 1999, she moved to the United States where she received her MSME from the University of Central Florida. There she worked on a meso-scale centrifugal compressor project, her research leading to the ‘Best Technical Paper’ award in the Advanced Energy Systems Division at the International ASME show in 2000
Who Should View
- Mold Designers
- Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Product Design Managers
- Mold Manufactures
Introduction to Thermal Simulation of Electronics
An introduction to why Thermal Analysis is so important in the design of Electronic Products, and why CFD is used in the design process to save time and money.…
IGBT Power Cycling and Failure Mode Tracking
This presentation will explain Mentor’s latest product, the Power Tester 1500A, of the MicReD product line and explain its application in the testing of IGBTs as they are used in EVs and HEVs. We...…
Other Related Resources
Saipem S.p.A moves FloEFD Offshore
Journal Article: Saipem S.p.A deployed FloEFD to simulate a number of geometries including a semi-submersible crane vessel, a J-Lay Tower, and an offshore construction vessel, the program became core to its problem solving...…