Automated simulation-based IC package thermal characterisation
FloTHERM® PACK is a unique Web-based solution from Mentor Graphics Mechanical Analysis designed to generate reliable, accurate thermal models of IC components, test boards, standard test harnesses and other associated parts with the minimum of effort. FloTHERM PACK generates accurate models 100X faster than conventional approaches.
Generate Fast, Accurate Thermal Models
FloTHERM PACK is at the leading edge of emerging industry standards such as DELPHI. DELPHI compact modeling standards are being currently adopted by the industry standards body JEDEC. FloTHERM PACK is the only commercial software tool in the market that can actually generate DELPHI compact models!
Use FloTHERM PACK to:
- Predict junction and case temperatures of IC components accurately in your designs
- Generate thermal models 100X faster than conventional approaches
- Generate state-of-the-art detailed and compact models of IC components
- Share and archive thermal libraries within your organization using our unique workgroup features
- Communicate thermal information to your external vendors or customers in a standardized manner
An overview of using FloTHERM thermal simulation software in various conditions and utilizing its IDF Library Link functionality. View Video
Features and Benefits
FloTHERM PACK Version 8, with the Following Features…
- Network Assembly support: FloTHERM PACK now supports two-resistor and Delphi compact thermal models in the more advanced Network Assembly format in FLOTHERM
- Enhanced package families: TO247 package is now supported, as are Delphi compact thermal models for SOT23 package. Flip-chip PBGA now supports the glob-top option.
- CSV support for solder ball arrays: Solder ball arrays can now be defined in CSV format and uploaded for all BGA packages.
A VRML browser or plug-in for your Web browser is required to preview models. FloTHERM PACK uses VRML Level 1.
You can find a list of suitable browsers and plug-ins at:
FloTHERM® is a powerful 3D computational fluid dynamics software that predicts airflow and heat transfer in and around electronic equipment, including the coupled effects of conduction, convection and radiation.
MicReD’s flagship product, T3Ster®, is an advanced transient temperature measurement system which enables rapid and extremely accurate thermal characterization of semiconductor device packages or even complete electronic systems. A scalable solution, it offers the best price/performance ratio in the market.
T3Ster® TeraLED® is a specialist solution for obtaining highly accurate measurements for power LEDs. It offers combined thermal and radiometric/photometric characterization of high-power LEDs, either in combination with T3Ster or as a stand-alone system.
“We believe that it’s critical to perform a careful thermal analysis at the beginning of every new design. We have successfully used FloTHERM software as our thermal simulation tool for many years. The combination of FloTHERM and FloTHERM PACK enable us to quickly explore design variations and find the optimum solution at both the system and PCB levels.”