Leading Innovation in Electronics Thermal Design
FloTHERM XT is an industry unique thermal simulation solution designed to be used during all stages of the electronics design process – from conceptual design to manufacturing, improving product quality, reliability and time-to-market. By bringing the EDA and the MCAD design flows closer, FloTHERM XT enables engineers to use the same design data throughout the design flow assuring the latest and most consistent data is always at the center of the design process.
Leveraging the electronic cooling DNA from FloTHERM and CFD technology from FloEFD, FloTHERM XT possesses the power and performance for large, complex electronic systems and provides unprecedented capabilities to both thermal experts and mechanical engineers. In comparison to traditional general-purpose simulation products, FloTHERM XT cuts process times significantly and enables designers and thermal specialists to quickly and efficiently arrive at an optimum solution.
Features and Benefits
- Stand-alone software tool for electronics cooling simulation offers users specialized tool for solving large, complex electronics systems
- CAD-centric user interface as well as geometry engine and controls enable users to become productive fast and with a very short learning curve
- Full geometric and non-geometric SmartParts and Library capability enable users to access a full set of the most popular components for fast and accurate model creation
- Single window application offers integrated solution progress and dynamic messaging windows
- Supports direct interfaces with all major MCAD as well as Xpedition Enterprise EDA software for effortless and accurate data transfer
Case 2 – Internet router
Internet routers connect two or more computer networks. This model has been designed to be wall-mounted and the enclosed PCB was imported from Xpedition Enterprise. The enclosure is aesthetically designed with a curved front face and includes a number of ventilation holes to allow for natural convection cooling. It also includes a plate-fin heatsink with curved fins.