I don’t know why, but as I started this post, it made me think of one a pretty funny movie from my single days - Swingers. There are some funny lines from the movie as well as a few funny and awkward scenes (quick summary, it’s about some wannabe actors in LA hitting the town and going to Vegas). In particular, the scene where Trent and Mike (the 2 main characters) are driving through the desert came to mind:
Trent: They’re gonna give daddy the Rainman suite, you dig that?
Mike: Do you think we’ll get there by midnight?
Trent: Baby, we’re going to be up five hundy by midnight!
Trent: Vegas baby! Vegas!
I’m not talking about going to Vegas here (although it would be fun in an entirely different way), I’m talking about DesignCon! It’s the crème de la crème when it comes to high tech design, in my opinion at least. If you haven’t been before, consider it! It’s unlike most events that you may have been to before, where the focus here is all on the technical challenges that companies are facing and some really innovative solutions. Topics vary from chip and package design to board level signal and power integrity issues and everything in between, so there’s definitely something here for you. If you’re on the fence, I can tell you that this year should be a good one and you will not be disappointed! The schedule is already posted with all the papers that will be presented and if you want to get a flavor of the types of papers that get covered, you can always check out the InfoVault to look at past year papers.
For those faithful readers out there, we’ve got a VIP registration link for you to get into the Exhibit floor free which has all the vendor booths (including Mentor Graphics) plus a 30% discount on a full conference pass! That’s up to a $208 value - all yours just for reading! Just use priority code EXHMEN when you register. This also gets you into the following things for free:
Business Forum sessions
Unlimited access to the technology exhibition
Exhibit floor receptions
I’ll be in the Mentor booth (booth #320) so stop by and say “hi”. While you’re there you can enter for a chance to win a HyperLynx leather jacket while you’re there - so good luck and I hope to see you there!
More Blog Posts
- PADS Tips and Tricks: Building a PCB Decal with Polar Patterns
- Interactive Routing in the PADS ES Suite
- Schematic Capture in the PADS ES Suite video release
- PADS Evaluation Now on the Cloud!
- Do Your Designs Require Simulation and Analysis?
- PADS Tips and Tricks: Printing a Color Image of a Decal
- FPGAs are Still Cool
- PADS Tips and Tricks: Creating Split Planes and Manipulating Thermal and Antipads
- Is there an Engineering Talent Crises in the US?
- Schematics with Pizzazz using DxDesigner
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- January, 2013
- Introducing HyperLynx 9.0: Fastest time to accurate results
- DxDesigner With PADS Layout
- PADS Tips and Tricks - Assigning a Shortcut Key to a Macro
- Creating a Cover Sheet with Links
- High Speed Serial — Differential Pairs Done Right
- How much stitching do I need?
- Pick a layer and stick with it
- Manage reference plane changes for quiet boards
- PADS Tips and Tricks - Changing Trace Width While Routing
- December, 2012
- November, 2012
- October, 2012
- Is it Time to “Bring the Power” to your Front-End Design?
- Fabrication Capability Update from PCB West 2012
- New Webinar Series: Supercharge Your PCB Design Creation Environment with DxDesigner Beginning October 30th
- PADS Announces New PCB YouTube Video Channel
- Fabrication Capability Update from PCB West 2012
- Modern DxDesigner: Taking the Next Steps in Schematic Design Efficiency
- PADS 9.5 Now Available
- Space Jump
- Try DxDesigner Virtually
- Return current on a stripline
- Is it ever okay to cross a plane split?
- EMI problems are easier to fix than you might think
- Chromatic Color Schemes Within DxDesigner
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- April, 2012
- March, 2012
- Running at 6GHz with your eyes closed can be scary
- PADS Tips and Tricks: Sense Lines
- It's never too late
- PADS Tips and Tricks - Downloading New License File
- PADS Tips and Tricks: Differential Pairs
- Great Things in Small Packages
- PADS Tips and Tricks – Installation and Licensing
- PADS 9.4 Released with Unique Technology
- The Parallel Pain
- Put the Pieces in Place for SERDES Success
- Know your limits
- PADS Tips and Tricks - Cross Probing
- February, 2012
- January, 2012
- November, 2011
- August, 2011
- June, 2011
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- March, 2011
- January, 2011
- PCB Design Perfection Starts in the CAD Library - Part 12
- The length of your terminator doesn't matter
- Vias are longer than their length
- How do you manage your trace lengths?
- PCB Design Perfection Starts in the CAD Library - Part 11
- PCB Design Perfection Starts in the CAD Library - Part 10
- S-parameters are for more than just packages
- Making SERDES sims faster with IBIS-AMI
- Tired of waiting for your SPICE to finish?
- PCB Design Perfection Starts in the CAD Library - Part 9: BGA Components
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- Power to the People!
- “Desktop” versus “Enterprise”. Which is for you?
- Observations from the Road
- You Are Special!!!!!
- Innovate like Edison..... or Not....
- PCB Designers are from Venus, Mechanical Designers are from Mars!
- PCB Developers are the Unsung Heroes of Innovation!
- A Passage to India: Questions & Answers for the Introduction to PADS 9.0 Webinar
- January, 1970