HyperLynx 3D EM SSD™
High-capacity 3D Electromagnetic (EM) Simulation
Fast, Accurate Electromagnetic Simulation for Large Structure. High frequency designs now require the need for fast, high capacity, 3D Electromagnetic (EM) simulation solutions that render dependable results.
HyperLynx 3D EM SSD is regarded as the industry’s de facto standard EM structure design tool built upon the only full-wave 3D method-of-moments platform. Because of its proven accuracy, speed, capacity, and flexibility, HyperLynx 3D EM SSD helps designers quickly turn ideas into designs, and designs into products.
HyperLynx 3D EM SSD is ideally suited for the design of monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICs), radio-frequency integrated circuits (RFICs), low-temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) circuits, high-temperature superconducting (HTS) circuits, radio-frequency identification (RFID) antennas, patch antennas, slot antennas, wire antennas, and most other RF and wireless antennas.
Based on production-proven HyperLynx 3D EM SSD Electromagnetic simulation technology; yields reliable, predictable results
EM simulation and modeling limits have been extended. Full package, PCB, and IC/MMIC circuits can be solved within a compact memory footprint
Leverage the run-time advantage over other solutions using a single thread computing by using multi-core simulations at no additional cost to return results on challenging designs in hours instead of days
HyperLynx 3D EM SSD incorporates the industry’s only full-wave 3D Method-of-Moments (MoM) EM simulation implementation. The MoM provides full 3D capability in the frequency domain, treating both planar and 3D high frequency structures in a multilayer environment. The built-in, powerful EM structure editor has a flexible input mode in both 2D and 3D. The editor also provides full support for major CAD formats, such as GDS, DXF, and ACIS.
Adding to efficiency, HyperLynx 3D EM SSD also includes an automatic mixed mesh (rectangular and triangular cells) to model structures of arbitrary shapes with minimum computational effort. This is key to HyperLynx 3D EM SSD high performance.
Other important features include:
- Built-in optimization and parameterization/FastEM schemes
- Automatic magnetic current formulation enhances usability
- Unlimited number of layers and ports
- Finite dielectric or different dielectric portions within the same layer
- EM and circuit co-simulation of structures with active devices or lumped elements
- Lumped element equivalent (RLC) extraction
- Turn s-parameters into time-domain response using MD-Spice
Many applications benefit from using HyperLynx 3D EM SSD, including:
- Integrated circuit design—simulate signal integrity, power integrity, and packaging
- RF/Microwave circuits — simulate passive components, active components, LTCC circuits, and even high-temperature superconducting circuits
- Antennas — simulate a number of antenna geometries including patch, slot, wire, inverted-F, dielectric resonators, and even RFID tags and optical frequency antenna
Note: HyperLynx 3D EM SSD was previously marketed as IE3D SSD. This rebranding was officially completed with the 15.2 release.
HyperLynx 3D EM SSD Resources
We have training courses available for HyperLynx products in our training centers around the world, online, or at your site.
Contact Mentor Graphics
- HyperLynx 3D EM SSD™ Info Request or call toll free: 1-800-547-3000