HyperLynx Power Integrity (PI)
PCB Power Integrity Design & Analysis
HyperLynx® Power Integrity (PI) addresses the many power complexities faced by today’s PCB designers. Some of these challenges include:
- Increasing variety of voltages utilized by ICs
- Dramatic increases of consumption
- Reduced layer counts
- Denser components on board and finer-pitch BGA footprints that perforate copper planes, interfering with DC voltage and current supply
FREE ONLINE TRIAL
With inadequate power delivery, designs can exhibit seemingly intermittent signal integrity issues, which cause the logic on the board to fail. If power delivery is extremely poor, there can be complete part failure due to inadequate voltage and/or current resulting in a non-functional design. In severe cases, poor power delivery can lead to thermal issues, reliability issues, and actual copper failure.
Hardware engineers, PCB designers, and signal integrity specialists alike can use HyperLynx PI and generate simulation results without weeks of software training. HyperLynx enables you to:
- Improve power integrity by identifying power distribution problems early in the design, even prior to layout.
- Detect problems with your design that would be difficult to spot in the lab
- Investigate solutions in an easy-to-use what-if environment.
These power integrity capabilities will ultimately help you reduce prototype spins and get to market faster, while creating more reliable products.
Reduce development time and cost
- Reduce design re-spins through up-front planning and virtual prototypes
- Focus on time-to-results, leveraging HyperLynx’s renowned ease of use coupled with powerful simulation technology
More time for bigger ideas
- Use the time and money you save to push the creative envelope, coming up with bigger, better ideas to differentiate your products
Lower product costs
- Explore and validate different design configurations to optimize cost vs. performance tradeoffs
- Improve reliability through better signal quality and effective power distribution design
Product Overview: Mentor Graphics' HyperLynx® suite enables PCB signal integrity analysis and simulation, even with SERDES applications, quickly and accurately. View Product Overview