Constraint Editor System
The Constraint Editor System (CES) provides a fully integrated, constraint-driven design methodology that reduces design costs and time-to-market by automating the communication of design rules and eliminating unnecessary PCB prototypes and re-spins.
Constraint Integration Throughout the Design Flow
CES is an integrated spreadsheet-based constraint interface for both the schematic capture and physical design tools in the flow. The bi-directional cross probing, highlighting and selection between CES, capture, and layout provide the user with an extremely efficient method of capturing the design intent.
Differential Pair Creation
CES allows users to easily create these with a differential pair finder utility. This utility allows users to assign differential pairs using common naming conventions, wild card searches on net names, and information from the interactive selection of pairs of nets across the entire design.
Features and Benefits
- Enables a fully integrated, constraint-driven design flow
- Provides identical constraint editing from design entry through PCB layout
- Supplies electrical and physical constraints in a single database and application
- Provides easy to use functions for finding invalid model assignments, model overrides or mismatches between device and model information
- Helps reduce costs and accelerate time to market by eliminating unnecessary PCB prototypes and re-spins due to miscommunications
- Handles current and future design requirements by giving direct control over the most advanced routing technology in Board Station XE
- Rules preservation throughout the flow on net renames, connectivity additions/removals, pin and/or gate swaps and stackup changes
- Supports definition and verification of electrical constraints within one environment, simplifying a complex constraint entry process and improving the accuracy of the design
- Easy to use, spreadsheet-based application with numerous productivity enhancements
- Hierarchical Rule Classes and constraint value propagation
- Constraint Templates for applying complex rules across a bus
- Differential Pair Creation through wildcard matching
Contact Mentor Graphics
- Constraint Editor System Info Request or call toll free: 1-800-547-3000
Designing a product requires more than just a great PCB layout tool – you need tightly integrated PCB design software. Expedition Enterprise provides this high level of integration, enabling all team members to work collaboratively and more efficiently. Expedition Enterprise