Mentor Forum Saudi Arabia
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event.
Welcome to the Mentor Forum Saudi Arabia 2012, December 19, at King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology.
Dear customers and partners,
Mentor Forum is a great chance to discover the latest EDA technology news and design solutions. During the day you will have the opportunity to meet with Mentor Graphics Senior management and experts from our technical teams. The Mentor Forum meeting is aiming to address certain technology innovation areas to our local Electronics Design cluster including Managers and engineers from industrial companies as well as our professors and university technical staff. The one day conference consists of numerous presentations, including a keynote and technical tracks on topics addressing the following domains: Functional Verification, Physical Verification and PCB and System design.
We look forward to being able to welcome you to Mentor Forum when you will join the largest community of people engaged in electronics design in Saudi Arabia!
Dr. Turki bin Saud bin Mohammad Al Saud
Vice President for Research Institutes
Vice President Europe & India
What You Will Learn
One day of hands-on knowledge and expert advice. Mentor/ KACST Forum 2012 will deliver new survival strategies, expert advice, and practical know-how, all with one goal: making sure you gain more value from your Mentor Graphics tools. Mentor Forum is your opportunity to:
- Gain technical tips, actionable take-away
- Get practical advice from the experts who design, build, and support your Mentor Graphics solutions
- Meet Directors and senior technical staff from Mentor Graphics
|08:00||Welcome Coffee and Registration|
Blessing: Dr. Turki bin Saud bin Mohammad Al Saud - Vice President for Research Institutes, KACST
Keynote: Advanced Technology and Market Trends - Hanns J. Windele Vice President Middle East & India, Mentor Graphics
KACST's Journey in Electronics Technologies so far - Presenter : Dr. Abdel Fattah Obeid
|12:00||Zuhr Prayer Time|
|12:30||Functional Verification||PCB Systems Design|
Solving your SoC Design and Functional Verification Challenges with Mentor Solutions
Questa Verification Platform - Achieving Coverage Closure - Presenter: Martin Reuter
Keynote: Integrated Systems Design for Industries in Transition
|01:30||Physical Verification Session|
Double Patterning and the Calibre Platform: A Deep Dive - Presenter: Olivier Toublan
What is New from Calibre Design Solutions? - Presenter: Oliver Toublan
PCB System Design with Expedition Enterprise - Presenter: Benoit Gretere
About the Presenters
Olivier Toublan obtained his Ph.D. from INPG France in 1999. He then joined Mentor Graphics in the US for the development of their OPC solution. He has been relocated toFrance in 2001 to take over Europe management for Calibre Ret/MDP/LFD tools. He is now in charge of the European technical team supporting the whole Calibre tools portfolio for Physical Verification and Manufacturing Solutions.
Martin Reuter obtained his Diploma for Electronics from University Giessen, Germany in 1979. From 1980 to 1989 he held several positions in Systems Engineering and Product Engineering working for different companies in the Computer Industry. He joined Mentor Graphics Sales Organization in 1989, and held several technical leadership positions in the application Engineering Team. In 2010 he became the European Technical Director for Functional Verification covering Digital, Analog, Mixed-Signal and Emulation Technology.
Dr. Hazem El Tahawy
Graduated from Cairo University, faculty of Engineering (Electronics and Communication) in 1976, he got his Master and PhD Degrees, Microelectronics specialization in 1982 and 1987 respectively from National Polytechnic Institute, Grenoble France. Dr. El Tahawy was a co-founder of Anacad (a company specialized in Analog Design and CAD tools).
Mentor Graphics acquired Anacad in 1994, where he became the WW AMS Engineering Director as well as Anacad General Manager. In 1998 he returned back to Egypt and got the overall responsibility of Mentor Graphics Egypt as a Headquarter to Arab countries and North Africa. Dr. El Tahawy is member of different organizations such as IEEE (Circuit & System, Computer Society, Design and Test, Embedded System, Management and Quality Control), EITESAL, AmCham, CIT, SEBA, SECC, Engineering Chamber (Electronics section) that are working to promote technology and support the development of Ecosystem in the region.
His main interest are Analog and Mixed Signal design and CAD tools and applications; Embedded System design and applications ; Verification and design of Test for Analog design.
Hanns Windele has worked for more than 25 years in the electronic design automation (EDA) industry. For the past 20 years he has held a variety of sales, marketing and management positions at Mentor Graphics with a proven track record of results.
After finishing his master's degree in Electrical Engineering at Technical University Munich, Windele started as a sales engineer for Mentor Graphics in Germany. Later on he held the positions of sales manager, European Marketing Director, Managing Director of Western Europe and Managing Director of Central Europe at Mentor before he became Vice President for Europe. Meanwhile his area of responsibility has been expanded even more and India has been added to his portfolio.
His experience has given him a deep knowledge of the EDA market all across Europe. Previous experience includes technical management for CAE systems at Tektronix. Windele is based in Mentor's European headquarters in Munich
Benoit started his career in 1984 as an ASIC Designer in a startup company, doing design services. He has been involved in development of multiple ASICs for different multinational companies. At that time, he was also one of the first users of Mentor Graphics PCB tools in France.
After working in another service company, where he supported the implementation of Mentor PCB tools at major telecom and aerospace companies, Benoit joined Mentor Graphics in 1988, and held different positions since then : Application Engineer, Group Leader, Team Manager, Technical Director for Mentor Graphics South Europe. Benoit is now Technical director for PCB Solutions Europe
Benoit is Graduated Electronic Engineer from Ecole Supérieure de Mécanique et d'Electricité (ESME).
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb May 22, 2013 : Dan Caesarea Hotel, IL
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb Jun 20, 2013 : Alba Innovation Centre - Livingston, GB
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb Jun 25, 2013 : Novotel Stevenage, UK
- Mentor Forum PCB Frenchhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-french May 28, 2013 : Mentor Graphics Office Meudon La Forêt
- Mentor Forum PCB Frenchhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-french Jun 20, 2013 : Ibis Lausanne-Crissier, Suisse
- Integrating Assembly Panel Design in the NPI Processhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/integrating-assembly-panel-design-in-the-npi-process May 29, 2013 : Online, 2:00 PM Europe/London
- Integrating Assembly Panel Design in the NPI Processhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/integrating-assembly-panel-design-in-the-npi-process May 29, 2013 : Online, 2:00 PM US/Eastern
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german May 29, 2013 : Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz - Windisch
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 4, 2013 : Holiday Inn Nürnberg City Centre
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 6, 2013 : NH Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 13, 2013 : Mentor Graphics Office Düsseldorf
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx May 29, 2013 : Paris, Franice
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 5, 2013 : Rennes, FR
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 12, 2013 : Grenoble, FR
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 26, 2013 : Toulouse, FR
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 4, 2013 : Tallinn, EE
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 5, 2013 : Riga, LV
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 6, 2013 : Vilnius, LT
- Powerful, Integrated and Affordable PADShttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-powerful-integrated-affordable Jun 4, 2013 : San Diego, CA
- HyperLynx Signal and Power Integrity Lunch Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/events/hyperlynx-si-pi-seminar Jun 6, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 12, 2013 : Sofia, BG
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 13, 2013 : Bucharest, RO
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 14, 2013 : Belgrade, RS
Approaches to Optimizing Your Manufacturing Results Through DFM Analysis Tools and Through Partnering With the Right Contract Manufacturer
- Approaches to Optimizing Your Manufacturing Results Through DFM Analysis Tools and Through Partnering With the Right Contract Manufacturerhttp://www.mentor.com/events/approaches-to-optimizing-your-manufacturing-results-through-dfm-analysis-tools-and-through-partnering-with-the-right-contract-manufacturer Jun 13, 2013 : Beaverton, OR
- Mentor Forum PCB Italyhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-italy Jun 18, 2013 : COSMOHOTEL PALACE, Cinisello Balsamo (MI)