Reduce Product Costs with Intelligent Part Selection During the PCB Design Process
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event. However a recording of a previous session is available as an on-demand web seminar.View This On-Demand Web Seminar Now
Parts selected during the schematic capture phase of the PCB design process directly influence the total cost of the finished product. Picking incorrect or unapproved parts adds iterations to your product, extending time-to-market delivery dates.
Join us as we discuss how DxDesigner, coupled with Mentor Graphics Data Management System (DMS), can help lower overall product costs by incorporating information such as preferred part status, compliance, and/or obsolescence information directly within the PCB part-selection process. Learn how DMS' powerful part-comparison capabilities help designers ensure they have the right part up front.
What You Will Learn
- How DMS’ rapid research and selection of preferred and approved parts eliminates iterations
- How to make the best component choice through effective part comparison and analysis
- How to validate your PCB design at any time in the process to ensure compliance with RoHS or other regulations
- How to proactively manage part obsolescence
About the Presenters
With more than 25 years of EDA experience and a focus on Reuse Methodologies, André's inspiration is promoting the interface of "Intellectual Property" (IP), including Library, Design, and Component data, between multiple business systems (EDA/PLM/PDM/CIS). André has worked as a Sr. Engineer, EDA Support Engineer, Trainer, and Sr. Consultant implementing PCB solutions for numerous global companies. Currently he is a Technical Marketing Engineer focusing on Integrated Data Management.
Jody Miller has more than 25 years experience in the PCB industry, including extensive work at EDA and Component Information/Data Management systems providers. She has a Masters in Electrical Engineering from Syracuse University and has worked as a PCB and ASIC designer with GE Aerospace (now Lockheed Martin). Jody currently works in marketing for Mentor's data management suite of products.
Who Should Attend
- Project leaders
- Engineering managers
- Electrical Engineers
Web Series: PCB Design Creation
Take an in-depth look at DxDesigner, a completely updated solution for PCB design creation, definition, and reuse.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb May 21, 2013 : Scandic Oulu, FI
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb May 22, 2013 : Dan Caesarea Hotel, IL
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb Jun 20, 2013 : Alba Innovation Centre - Livingston, GB
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb Jun 25, 2013 : Novotel Stevenage, UK
- Mentor Forum PCB Frenchhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-french May 28, 2013 : Mentor Graphics Office Meudon La Forêt
- Mentor Forum PCB Frenchhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-french Jun 20, 2013 : Ibis Lausanne-Crissier, Suisse
- Integrating Assembly Panel Design in the NPI Processhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/integrating-assembly-panel-design-in-the-npi-process May 29, 2013 : Online, 2:00 PM Europe/London
- Integrating Assembly Panel Design in the NPI Processhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/integrating-assembly-panel-design-in-the-npi-process May 29, 2013 : Online, 2:00 PM US/Eastern
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german May 29, 2013 : Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz - Windisch
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 4, 2013 : Holiday Inn Nürnberg City Centre
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 6, 2013 : NH Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 13, 2013 : Mentor Graphics Office Düsseldorf
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx May 29, 2013 : Paris, Franice
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 5, 2013 : Rennes, FR
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 12, 2013 : Grenoble, FR
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 26, 2013 : Toulouse, FR
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 4, 2013 : Tallinn, EE
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 5, 2013 : Riga, LV
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 6, 2013 : Vilnius, LT
- Powerful, Integrated and Affordable PADShttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-powerful-integrated-affordable Jun 4, 2013 : San Diego, CA
- HyperLynx Signal and Power Integrity Lunch Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/events/hyperlynx-si-pi-seminar Jun 6, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 12, 2013 : Sofia, BG
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 13, 2013 : Bucharest, RO
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 14, 2013 : Belgrade, RS
Approaches to Optimizing Your Manufacturing Results Through DFM Analysis Tools and Through Partnering With the Right Contract Manufacturer
- Approaches to Optimizing Your Manufacturing Results Through DFM Analysis Tools and Through Partnering With the Right Contract Manufacturerhttp://www.mentor.com/events/approaches-to-optimizing-your-manufacturing-results-through-dfm-analysis-tools-and-through-partnering-with-the-right-contract-manufacturer Jun 13, 2013 : Beaverton, OR
- Mentor Forum PCB Italyhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-italy Jun 18, 2013 : COSMOHOTEL PALACE, Cinisello Balsamo (MI)