Stop Reinventing the Wheel, Start Using PCB Design Reuse
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event. However a recording of a previous session is available as an on-demand web seminar.View This On-Demand Web Seminar Now
Since prehistoric times, Man has looked for ways to make life easier and PCB designers are no different.
No, we’re not comparing PCB designers to cavemen. We’re talking about making life easier. Why not reuse work that you have done before -- known work that satisfied all your constraint and quality criteria? We call this PCB design reuse and it comes in different flavors: informal and formal.
All EDA vendors says they offer design reuse, but not all reuse capabilities are equal. In fact, some layout tools have unreasonable restrictions that make reuse difficult, if not unusable. This session will show you how Expedition Enterprise provides the right balance of flexibility and control while making your work life easier.
What You Will Learn
- Different kinds of design reuse
- Approaches to leverage reuse blocks
- Time and quality benefits of an effective reuse methodology
About the Presenters
Bas Hassink entered EDA in 1999 as a Support Engineer giving support and training in all kinds of applications. His experience lies with PCB Design Systems and Product Lifecycle Management solutions. Bas' aim is to offer customers a professional service and assist in all that InnoFour can provide, whether that is software, training, consultancy, after sales or support.
Gerald Suiter graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelors of Science in Engineering specializing in Computer Engineering and has more than 20 years’ experience in the EDA industry developing physical realization solutions with Intergraph, Veribest and now Mentor Graphics. He is currently the Product Marketing Director for Expedition Enterprise, focused on managing software development solutions.
Jamie Metcalfe has more than 25 years experience in the EDA industry with lengthy spells at Cadence Design Systems and an earlier stint at Mentor Graphics. More recently, Jamie worked in sales and marketing for Optimal Corporation – a startup in the area of electromagnetic modeling. Since 2008, Jamie has worked in Market Development for the Systems Design Division at Mentor Graphics with a focus on Expedition Enterprise. Born in the UK, his background is in mathematics and software engineering.
Who Should Attend
- PCB Design Managers wanting to shorten design cycles by leveraging existing engineering & layout data
- PCB Designers seeking design aids to improve their productivity
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Mentor Forum PCB Frenchhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-french May 28, 2013 : Mentor Graphics Office Meudon La Forêt
- Mentor Forum PCB Frenchhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-french Jun 20, 2013 : Ibis Lausanne-Crissier, Suisse
- Integrating Assembly Panel Design in the NPI Processhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/integrating-assembly-panel-design-in-the-npi-process May 29, 2013 : Online, 2:00 PM Europe/London
- Integrating Assembly Panel Design in the NPI Processhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/integrating-assembly-panel-design-in-the-npi-process May 29, 2013 : Online, 2:00 PM US/Eastern
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german May 29, 2013 : Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz - Windisch
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 4, 2013 : Holiday Inn Nürnberg City Centre
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 6, 2013 : NH Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Mentor Forum PCB Germanhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-german Jun 13, 2013 : Mentor Graphics Office Düsseldorf
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx May 29, 2013 : Paris, Franice
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 5, 2013 : Rennes, FR
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 12, 2013 : Grenoble, FR
- Séminaire HYPERLYNXhttp://www.mentor.com/events/s-minaire-hyperlynx Jun 26, 2013 : Toulouse, FR
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 4, 2013 : Tallinn, EE
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 5, 2013 : Riga, LV
- PADS Roadshowhttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-roadshow-seminar Jun 6, 2013 : Vilnius, LT
- Powerful, Integrated and Affordable PADShttp://www.mentor.com/events/pads-powerful-integrated-affordable Jun 4, 2013 : San Diego, CA
- HyperLynx Signal and Power Integrity Lunch Seminarhttp://www.mentor.com/events/hyperlynx-si-pi-seminar Jun 6, 2013 : Fremont, CA
- PCB Roadshow 2013http://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/pcb-roadshow-2013 Jun 11, 2013 : Newbury, UK
- PCB Roadshow 2013http://www.mentor.com/pcb/events/pcb-roadshow-2013 Jun 11, 2013 : Newbury, UK
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 12, 2013 : Sofia, BG
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 13, 2013 : Bucharest, RO
- Touch HyperLynxhttp://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/events/touch-hyperlynx-workshop Jun 14, 2013 : Belgrade, RS
Approaches to Optimizing Your Manufacturing Results Through DFM Analysis Tools and Through Partnering With the Right Contract Manufacturer
- Approaches to Optimizing Your Manufacturing Results Through DFM Analysis Tools and Through Partnering With the Right Contract Manufacturerhttp://www.mentor.com/events/approaches-to-optimizing-your-manufacturing-results-through-dfm-analysis-tools-and-through-partnering-with-the-right-contract-manufacturer Jun 13, 2013 : Beaverton, OR
- Mentor Forum PCB Italyhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb-italy Jun 18, 2013 : COSMOHOTEL PALACE, Cinisello Balsamo (MI)
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb Jun 20, 2013 : Alba Innovation Centre - Livingston, GB
- Mentor Forum PCBhttp://www.mentor.com/events/mentor-forum-pcb Jun 25, 2013 : Novotel Stevenage, UK