Design for Manufacturing and NPI
The Mentor Graphics PCB Design for Manufacturing solution enables PCB designers to achieve first-time-right designs against the industry's most complete manufacturing process rule-sets using proven Valor technology. Fablink XE allows designs to be transitioned to PCB fabrication with complete data both at board and panel levels. ECAD data collaboration is facilitated by visECAD, a visualization and mark-up solution for viewing and annotating ECAD data at any point of the PCB development and manufacturing process.
- Provides a seamless transition from Design to Manufacturing for board fabrication, PCB assembly and test
- Facilitates first-time-right PCB design
- Enables design and manufacturing teams to collaborate
Concurrent DFM verification with the vSure product is the most efficient manner to incorporate manufacturing optimization into your PCB design process. Identify the opportunity for fabrication and assembly improvement during placement, and avoid having to re-route the PCB. You can even automate the intervals for DFM verification and review results in a timely manner so the design flow is streamlined and efficient.
An integrated manufacturing data creation, generation and verification environment powered by AutoActive® technology. FabLink XE was created specifically for designers to control their fabrication data at either the board or panel level, thus ensuring design and manufacturing data integrity.
Enabling the ability to deploy an enterprise-wide viewing solution for all users of ECAD data, visECAD provides cross linking capability of physical and logical ECAD data that enables querying of the actual ECAD data at any point in the production cycle.
ODB++ Data Exchange Format
An intelligent format for the PCB industry, ODB++ provides optimized data exchange between design and manufacture.
- Captures all PCB DFM, fabrication, assembly and test data into a unified data structure that is easily shared across the supply chain.
- Eliminates time-consuming reverse-engineering; facilitates automated, repeatable engineering processes.
- Establishes a continuous, traceable engineering process between design, fabrication and assembly.