RF PCB Layout
Mentor’s RF design solution provides an industry-first integration of PCB design and RF circuit design. Within Mentor’s Expedition Enterprise and Board Station flows, designers can now enter schematics, perform all layout tasks, and prepare data for manufacturing when designing with RF circuits.
Design RF, Analog, and Digital Circuits on the Same PCB
RF circuits can now be designed directly in Mentor or be transferred to Mentor from Agilent ADS using the dynamic link. No more schematic “black boxes”; true RF schematics in system-level design. To fully support RF designs, Board Station XE and Expedition Enterprise have been designed to understand RF, not just translate the design. For example: addition of parametric circuit elements equivalent to commonly used RF elements in Agilent ADS. The library is synchronized with the circuit-simulation model counterpart in the RF simulation environment to ensure that their behavior is identical.
Watch an Executive Overview of Integrated RF Design. View Video
Features and Benefits
- Shorten mixed technology design cycle times with parallel versus serial methodology
- Reduce prototyping and PCB re-spins by 50% with dynamic updating of design databases for error-free RF/PCB production
- Eliminate manual data transfer with dynamic integration between Mentor PCB design and industry RF simulation tools
- Provide for globally dispersed team collaboration with XtremePCB sessions
- Hit optimal market windows with early product introduction, resulting from synchronous design collaboration and more accurate simulation
- Reduce lost market opportunities in high volume consumer wireless electronics
- Lower cost components with synchronized libraries and databases
- Improve manufacturing yields, time-to-volume with yield-based simulations
- Reduce over-design margins with more accurate simulation due to real-time tool integration