To combine the knowledge of an engineer, the skill of a board designer and the power of an autorouter, Mentor Graphics has developed a powerful topology planning and routing technology.
This technology provides automated planning tools for the engineer to evaluate and plan bus-system interconnects early in the design phase, thus eliminating the need for paper designs. No more sketching design plans on paper or having engineers standing over the shoulder of a designer while they work. Instead, Topology Planner and Router provides a fully automated planning process and a powerful auto-router that produces the same quality designs as the old manual process.
Features and Benefits
- Reduces product design cycle times by capitalizing on auto-routing speed
- Provides more compact designs that mimics the expertise of an experienced designer allowing for more functionality in smaller spaces
- Enables higher quality designs that optimizes manufacturability and performance
- Facilitates the efficient re-use of design databases in future products (ECOs)
- Enhances digital engineer to designer communication