Xtreme Design technology, patented by Mentor Graphics, enables multiple design clients, connected on a LAN or WAN network, to simultaneously edit and update a common PCB layout database in real time. Utilizing XtremePCB allows multiple PCB designers to work collaboratively on a single design and reduces cycle times by over 60% for PCB placement, routing, drafting, manufacturing preparation, and verification. XtremeAR applies multiple processors to auto-routing, reducing execution times by up to 10x.
PCB design teams can take advantage of a full 24-hour day to work continuously on a design by globally dispersed teams, as well as leverage idle machines to complete PCB routing projects in hours that once took days to complete.
XtremeAR for Auto-Routing
- Utilizes up to 15 CPUs simultaneously for 10x faster auto-routing of large PCBs
- Enables large batch PCB routing operations from anywhere in the world
- Performs extremely fast and accurate auto-routing on multiple heterogeneous platforms
- Provides ability to test multiple design options (part placement, constraints, layers, etc.) to find most effective choice
XtremePCB is a revolutionary and exciting new technology that enables multiple PCB designers to work on a single design database simultaneously. Unlike traditional team design methodologies that employ a split-and-join approach to design collaboration, XtremePCB requires no physical partitioning and every designer sees all other client edits in real-time.
Peter Dill, Senior Engineer, IBM Research GmbH, Switzerland, speaks on how Xtreme Design Technology helped his team. View Video
Features and Benefits
Global Team Collaboration
- Enables multiple, globally dispersed PCB designers to work on a single design database simultaneously
- Permits designers to work on critical areas of a design without impacting the productivity of other design collaborators
- Allows each designer to see all other client edits in real time – requires no physical partitioning
- Reduces PCB system design cycle time by 40-70%