DMS - PCB Data Management System
Intellectual Property management and reuse within today’s companies have proven to be key differentiators for today’s best-in-class companies. Mentor’s PCB Data Management System (DMS) provides a single, central environment for component, library, and reuse management capabilities within the Expedition Enterprise design flow, integrated with WIP BOM, compliance and variant management for electronics design.
Mentor’s Data Management System ensures library integrity throughout the component lifecycle. It eliminates manual efforts to keep library, component information and commercial part information from the enterprise in sync.
DMS centralizes library creation, management, distribution and end user functionality. This enables even dispersed authors of library and component data to collaboratively work on a single library system. Engineers utilize DMS in their native authoring environment to research parts and reuse blocks based on electrical and commercial aspects, eliminating research and comparison across multiple views or systems.
All component and library data within DMS can be made available to any user through a browser-based viewer, expanding a holistic library and component view for electronic parts into the entire organization.
The DMS solution is readily scalable, and our product suite offers solutions for smaller size customers all the way up through full multi-site global customers.
DMS Product Overview
Technology Overview: An overview of the functionality and benefits provided by DMS.
Features and Benefits
- Brings consolidated critical information to the engineer’s desktop, integrating tightly with the design tools and enabling the best part research and selection within a single system
- Integrated ECAD library and design reuse view and lifecycle management
- Integrates tools for librarians and component engineers to consistently manage an enterprise library in a global design environment
- Access and security controls enable centralized IP management in a single repository for the entire corporation
- Preferred part list and shopping carts steer engineers to make compliant component choices
- Release independent interface to PLM and ERP systems possible with minimal configuration
- Up to 35% reduction in component research time across engineering
- Component cost and inventory reduction through preferred parts and less new part introductions
- Low cost of ownership for library management environment
- Lower down-stream costs and production impacts
Contact Mentor Graphics
- DMS - PCB Data Management System Info Request or call toll free: 1-800-547-3000
Designing a product requires more than just a great PCB layout tool – you need tightly integrated PCB design software. Expedition Enterprise provides this high level of integration, enabling all team members to work collaboratively and more efficiently. Expedition Enterprise