IBIS Modeling Utilities
Note, the links to free IBIS model sources are provided for information only; the listing of these links does not imply that the models provided have been validated for operation in Mentor Graphics products.
- ibischk3 - Links to file directory:
The official ibischk3 checks Version 1.1, 2.1 and 3.2 level IBIS files. (Use -ebd and -pkg flags for .ebd and .pkg files.) Contracted by the IBIS Open Forum, many vendors supported and contributed to its development.
Download an IBIS information and checking utility available from Zuken that provides more file information about components and models.
Download an IBIS to Spice conversion utility from Intusoft. Feedback is requested. Intusoft will upload templates to work with all versions of Spice.
An IBIS model display utility available from Mentor Graphics for IS and which shows all tables simultaneously and supports zooming into regions of any table.
Builds a properly formatted skeleton IBIS file for all components names, model names, and pin names encountered in your design. Included with purchase of ICX from Mentor Graphics.
A Quad Design topology file to EBD (Electrical Board Description) converter that also converts models to IBIS models. Available with purchase of ICX from Mentor Graphics.
A Quad Design format to IBIS converter. Included with purchase of ICX from Mentor Graphics.
- s2ibis (Version 1.3) - Links to file directory:
North Carolina State University provided the original s2ibis utility for automatic Spice model to IBIS Version 1.1 model conversion.
- s2ibis2 (Version 1.1) - Links to file directory:
North Carolina State University provided the s2ibis2 utility for automatic Spice model to IBIS Version 2.1 model conversion. Also download the s2ibis2.fix.tar.Z file and compile a new executable to avoid a decimal digit accuracy problem. Cisco Systems has contributed a Linux version with the fix included.
- s2ibis2 for NT - Links to file directory:
Download executables and documentation contributed by SiQual Corporation which had some accuracy enhancement for better waveform table generation for Windows 95, 98, NT and 2000 environments.
- s2ibis2 SpiTran Graphical User Interface - Links to file directory:
Spice to IBIS Graphical User Interface kit written in JAVA 1.2 for any platform contributed by Cadence Design.
- s2iplt - Links to file directory:
A program which plots *.ibs file tables. Written by North Carolina State University.
A Spice to IBIS-like converter to model electrical characteristics of connectors in ICX IS_MultiBoard. Available with purchase of the ICX IS_MultiBoard product from Mentor Graphics.
- IBIS Version 4.0 (Acrobat Document with Page Numbers)
- IBIS Version 4.0 (Word Document with Page Numbers)
- IBIS Version 4.0 (Text Version)
- IBIS Version 3.2 (Acrobat Document with Page Numbers)
- IBIS Version 3.2 (Word Document with Page Numbers)
- IBIS Version 3.2 (Text Version)
Articles, Presentations & Documents
- "Effective Signal Integrity Analysis Using IBIS Models" - DesignCon 2000 - (January 31 - February 3, 2000)
- "Understanding and Using IBIS Models for Signal Integrity Analysis" - High-level Electronic System Design Conference (October 7-9, 1997)
- "Practical Issues with IBIS Models" - PCB Design Conference East (September 15-19, 1997)
- "Ease System Simulation with IBIS Device Models" - Electronic Design December 2, 1996)
- "IBIS Models for Signal Integrity Applications" - EE Times (September 2, 1996)
- "I/O-Buffer Modeling Spec Simplifies Simulation for High-Speed Systems" - EDN (March 16, 1995)
Manufacturer White Papers and Application Notes
- "IBIS Model Process For High-Speed LVDS Interface Products", "Validating and Using IBIS Files" & "An Introduction to IBIS (I/O Buffer Information Specification) Modeling" - National Semiconductor White Papers and Application Notes (2003, 2002, and 1998)
- "IBIS Models: Background and Usage" - Actel (2002)
- Actel IBIS Technical Documentation
IBIS Committee Documents
IBIS Tutorials and Summit Presentations
- IBIS Tutorials - Links to file directory: - Download Contributed IBIS Training Tutorials (1999 - 2000)
- IBIS Summit Meetings - Download Presentations & Documents (1993 - 2003)
- Academic Articles
- "The Development of Analog SPICE Behavioral Model Based on IBIS Model" - by Ying Wang and Han Ngee Tan, Proceedings of the Ninth Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, (March 1999)
- "Extraction of Transient Behavioral Model of Digital I/O Buffers from IBIS" - by Peivand Tehrani, Yuzhe Chen and Jiayuan Fang, 46th IEEE Electronic Components & Technology Conference (May 28-31, 1996)
Other IBIS Articles and Technical Content
- National Semiconductor IBIS Home - Several IBIS Papers under Modeling Resources
- Mentor Graphics White Papers - Request Papers
- "IBIS Modeling of LVDS Buffers" - by Hazem Hegazy and Mohammed Korany (November 2002)
- "Pad Capacitance Extraction for IBIS Models" - by Hazem Hegazy (August 2002)
- High-Speed Digital Design - Under Archives of Publications from Dr. Howard Johnson
- "Planning for Signal Integrity"
- "The Real Truth About Crosstalk"