Advanced IC Package Design & Modeling
Mentor Graphics offers a complete suite of tools that provide an integrated solution to the planning, optimization, design/layout, modeling and manufacturing of complex IC packages. Our solution leverages industry-leading technologies from Expedition®, HyperLynx®, and Valor® to provide the industry's first complete solution for design through manufacture of IC packages. We provide integrated methodologies for everything from AMS/RF SiP to high-pin-count, flip-chip packages including support for cutting-edge 3D packaging technologies.
- Complete design and characterization methodologies for BGA designers
- Groundbreaking routing technology for complex flip-chip designs
- Multiple use models for defining and managing connectivity
- Integrated 2D and 3D EM modeling tools
- Direct access to industry leading HyperLynx SI, PI and Thermal analysis tools
- Advanced support for multi-die packaging (SiP)
- Support for RF design and layout
- Industry leading support for embedded devices
- 3D Design Rule Checking (DRC)
- Integrated substrate-level manufacturing checks
- HyperLynx® for complete SI and PDN modeling and analysis The HyperLynx® analysis suite offers industry-leading signal integrity and power delivery analysis solutions for advanced IC packages and PCBs. HyperLynx enables you to quickly identify performance issues early in the design cycle, thus saving valuable design time. HyperLynx also prevents costly design re-spins by validating electrical performance before hardware creation.
- Advanced IC package layout Included in a complete physical design environment with an advanced feature set that supports today’s complex package substrates, Mentor Graphics offers the world’s leading routing technologies for complex flip-chip packages.
- Valor® for complete substrate level manufacturing requirements The vSure DFM software tools offer a module specifically designed for the needs of packaging substrate. Analyze your substrate designs for manufacturability, yield and cost factors before you release the designs to manufacturing and you will save costs, revision spins and improve your time-to-market.
- HyperLynx 3D for 3D full-wave EM analysis Mentor’s full-wave 3D electromagnetic (EM) analysis functionality addresses the needs of the industry’s most advanced, high-performance electronic products. Includes support for designing antennas, MMICs, RFID, IC Packages, and PCBs.
- FloTHERM for powerful 3D computational fluid dynamics FloTHERM is powerful 3D computational fluid dynamics software that predicts airflow and heat transfer in and around electronic equipment, including the coupled effects of conduction, convection and radiation.