ICX / TAU
ICX® and ICX Pro provide an intuitive user interface for engineers to explore signal integrity solutions in their high-speed designs. Engineers learning signal integrity are offered a concise view of how things work, while those more seasoned are able to investigate signal integrity effects in their designs in great detail. Components are modeled using industry standard IBIS models, with support for virtually all IC model types, while simulations are provided by our proven ICX simulation technology.
With a library of default IBIS models provided, engineers can begin evaluating high-speed design solutions easily and quickly.
The Tau® board-level symbolic timing analysis tool performs comprehensive worst-case timing analysis and verification on designs using an advanced symbolic timing methodology, eliminating false paths that are typically reported in standard static timing tools.
Tau employs models that contain both timing and functional information. By exploiting this combination, Tau restricts analysis to timing paths that are truly relevant, thus facilitating analysis and verification without the need for test vectors.
Skew and phase shift between clocks is automatically computed within Tau by traversing the clock tree. Delay correlation within a single component eliminates overly conservative, worst-case (min./max.) timing analysis.
Benefits and Features
- Trace model schematic gives engineers simple view of data
- Tight integration with Expedition and Board Station
- Solution space exploration for determining acceptable operating ranges
- Results spreadsheet and waveform analyzer provide comprehensive view of simulation compared to design constraints
- Schematics can be used as templates for CES
- Simulations can be used to verify constraints built into the CES
- Comprehensive worst-case timing analysis and verification
- Generate routing constraints to drive physical design
- Eliminate false timing violations with symbolic timing analysis
- Easy to use spreadsheet-based user interface and model development tools
- Timing models are easily created for general use in multiple designs
- Interfaces with most popular CAD systems