Accelerating Yield and Failure Analysis with Diagnosis
Learn about methodologies for yield improvement and defect identification for digital semiconductor devices. Scan diagnosis, a software-based technique, can effectively identify defects in digital logic and scan chains. This flow has been successfully applied in industrial practice to achieve a high physical failure analysis success rate and improved yield. The webinar will also cover recent advancements in diagnosis technology and industrial case studies.
Geir Eide | Tuesday, December 11 | 2 p.m. EST
In this webinar you will learn about ways that allow failure analysis to regain its effectiveness and position as a key contributor to yield improvement in digital semiconductor devices, as well as significantly improve the analysis of field returns.
Gain a proven, very fast, and highly effective methodology for defect localization and identification, complementing your traditional hardware-based methods. Prevent failures. Improve productivity. Increase yields.
What You Will Learn
- Best practices for data collection and diagnosis of digital semiconductor devices
- Statistical analysis of diagnosis results to pick the correct dies for an effective failure analysis
- Layout-aware diagnosis
- Scan chain diagnosis
- Correlating diagnosis and DFM analysis results
- Case studies
About the Presenter
Product Marketing Manager, Silicon Learning Products
Geir Eide is the Product Marketing Manager for the Silicon Learning Products in the Silicon Test Solutions Group at Mentor Graphics. Eide has been involved in semiconductor test and design-for-test for the last 15 years and has held positions as Development Engineering Manager and Technical Marketing Engineer at Mentor Graphics. Previously, Eide held an applications management position at Teseda Corporation. He earned BS and MS degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of California at Santa Barbara.
Who Should Attend
- Engineers and managers responsible for digital semiconductor product design, test, quality, or yield
- Engineers and managers responsible for digital semiconductor product and technology advancement
- Failure Analysis Lab Managers or Process Engineers
- Engineers involved in manufacturing production or process development
- Anyone involved with the impact of low yield or low product quality
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Plug-and-Play Test Strategy for 3D ICs
As the industry transitions to 3D ICs, new test strategies are being developed to meet to two 3D IC test goals: improving the pre-packaged test quality and establishing new tests between the stacked die....
Process Technology Disruptions and the Evolution of Diagnosis Driven Yield Analysis
Recent technology nodes have each brought about new process challenges that introduced manufacturing defects which required new yield learning methods. This presentation takes a look back at the recent...
New Frontiers in Scan Diagnosis
Scan diagnosis is an established software-based technique for defect localization in digital semiconductor devices. In this webinar, you will learn about the most recent advances in diagnosis technology...