The Defect-Free & High Yield DFT Solution for ARM IP
There are currently no dates scheduled for this event. However a recording of a previous session is available as an on-demand web seminar.View This On-Demand Web Seminar Now
Tessent Support of ARM Cores and Memories
Mentor Graphics and ARM are partnering to provide customers with tools to deliver the most advanced, defect free and highest yielding IC products to market in a timely manner. The two companies continue to work to ensure Mentor’s Tessent family of silicon test products are optimized to provide comprehensive and cost-effective test coverage of ARM processors and memory IP.
What You Will Learn
This seminar will describe the specific test solutions developed to cover both the memory and logic test requirements of ARM-based designs. Special emphasis will be placed on recent enhancements to these solutions including improvements to the automated support of the ARM standardized MBIST (aka Shared Bus) interface. This interface enables test access to memories through the functional path, resulting in higher quality test and reduced impact on performance. The interface however requires that all of the memories attached to that interface be tested sequentially. For large memories such as L2 caches this may cause excessive test time. A new method developed by ARM to add multiple interfaces internal to the core to add flexibility to the current solution will be presented.
About the Presenters
Stephen Pateras is a product marketing director at Mentor Graphics. His previous position was VP Marketing at LogicVision. While at LogicVision Stephen also held senior management positions in engineering and was instrumental in defining and bringing to market several generations of LogicVision’s products. From 1991 to 1995, Stephen held various engineering lead and management positions within IBM’s mainframe test group. He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from McGill University in Montreal, Canada.
Rich has over 20 years in electronics manufacturing and test. His early career included roles as a SRAM product engineer and microprocessor test and product engineer. Rich has worked with ARM for over 10 years developing and evaluating DFT methodologies while supporting DFT for hard core development and testchips.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
- Better IP Test with IEEE P1687 and Tessent IJTAGhttp://www.mentor.com/products/silicon-yield/events/ip-test-with-tessent-ijtag Jun 5, 2013 : Austin, TX
- Mentor at SEMICON West 2013http://www.mentor.com/products/silicon-yield/events/semicon-west Jul 9, 2013 : San Francisco, CA (Moscone Center)