New Frontiers in Scan Diagnosis
On-demand Web Seminar
Scan diagnosis is an established software-based technique for defect localization in digital semiconductor devices. In this webinar, you will learn about the most recent advances in diagnosis technology and how the role of diagnosis is expanding from just ‘where to look in PFA’ to ‘a test bed for checking hypotheses that explain what I found in PFA’. We will explore new technologies that dramatically reduce the noise in the diagnosis data, identify yield limiting design features, and address cell internal defects. The webinar includes results from industrial case studies.
What You Will Learn
In this webinar you will learn about ways that allow failure analysis to regain its effectiveness and position as a key contributor to yield improvement in digital semiconductor devices, as well as significantly improve the analysis of field returns. Topics to be covered include:
- Learn how the combination of layout-aware diagnosis and design profiling can be leveraged to find and eliminate design dependent defects.
- Understand how statistical enhancement techniques such as root cause deconvolution (RCD) eliminates noise from diagnosis data and determines the underlying root causes represented in a population of failing devices from test data alone.
- Explore cell-aware diagnosis technology that can be used to find defects inside standard cells and combat the new challenges associated with FinFET technology
About the Presenter
Product Marketing Manager, Silicon Learning Products
Geir Eide is the Product Marketing Manager for the Silicon Learning Products in the Silicon Test Solutions Group at Mentor Graphics. Eide has been involved in semiconductor test and design-for-test for the last 15 years and has held positions as Development Engineering Manager and Technical Marketing Engineer at Mentor Graphics. Previously, Eide held an applications management position at Teseda Corporation. He earned BS and MS degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of California at Santa Barbara.
Who Should Attend
- Failure analysis lab managers and engineers who use or are interested in using scan diagnosis results as part of the defect localization process
- Foundry engineering managers responsible for the collaborative effort with foundries to improve process yields
- Engineering managers and product engineers responsible for the yield of individual products
- Test and DFT engineers who enable and perform diagnosis
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
Root Cause Deconvolution - The Next Step in Diagnosis Resolution Improvement
Scan logic diagnosis turns failing test cycles into valuable data and is an established method for digital semiconductor defect localization. The advent of layout-aware scan diagnosis represented a dramatic...
Process Technology Disruptions and the Evolution of Diagnosis Driven Yield Analysis
Recent technology nodes have each brought about new process challenges that introduced manufacturing defects which required new yield learning methods. This presentation takes a look back at the recent...
ISTFA 2013 Tools of the Trade: Mentor Graphics
This video features information on Mentor Graphics' Tessent Diagnosis software, as demonstrated at ISFTA 2013's "Tools of the Trade" tour.