STS - Process Technology Disruptions and the Evolution of Diagnosis-Driven Yield Analysis
Recent technology nodes have each brought about new process challenges that introduced manufacturing defects which required new yield learning methods. This presentation takes a look back at the recent process technology history to understand how diagnosis-driven yield analysis was used successfully to drive yield improvement and review some of the surprise lessons learned.
The presentation will then take a look to the upcoming FinFET process technology and extrapolate how diagnosis driven yield analysis will need to continue to evolve to address the expected yield challenges of this significant change to fabrication technology.
What You Will Learn
- You will gain an understanding of why recent technology nodes are increasingly susceptible to design dependent defects
- You will learn how layout-aware diagnosis and DFM can be leveraged to find these defects and eliminate them
- Learn about cell-aware diagnosis technology and how it can be used to combat the new challenges associated with FinFETs
About the Presenter
Brady is an Engineering Director with Mentor Graphics since 2006, responsible for the development of diagnosis and yield improvement solutions. Prior to joining Mentor Graphics, Brady worked at LSI Logic focusing on DPPM reduction and test based yield learning. He has co-authored more than 20 professional publications and has received the VLSI Test Symposium Best Paper Award in 2003 and the International Test Conference Honorable Mention in 2004. In addition, he has been awarded five U.S. patents in the area of DFT and Test. Brady graduated from Colorado State University with a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, where his research focus was soft x-ray lasers.
Who Should Attend
- Foundry engineering managers responsible for the collaborative effort with foundries to improve process yields
- Engineering managers and product engineers responsible for the yield of individual products
- DFT and test engineers who enable and perform diagnosis
ISTFA 2013 Tools of the Trade: Mentor Graphics
This video features information on Mentor Graphics' Tessent Diagnosis software, as demonstrated at ISFTA 2013's "Tools of the Trade" tour.
Accelerating Yield and Failure Analysis with Diagnosis
In this webinar you will learn about ways that allow failure analysis to regain its effectiveness and position as a key contributor to yield improvement in digital semiconductor devices, as well as significantly...
Identifying Systematic Yield Limiters Using Scan Test Diagnosis
At ISTFA 2012 , Mentor Graphics' Geir Eide, talks about how to identify systematic yield limiters using scan test diagnosis results. The International Symposium on Testing and Failure Analysis (ISTFA),...