Accelerating Yield and Failure Analysis with Diagnosis
On-demand Web Seminar
Learn about methodologies for yield improvement and defect identification for digital semiconductor devices. Scan diagnosis, a software-based technique, can effectively identify defects in digital logic and scan chains. This flow has been successfully applied in industrial practice to achieve a high physical failure analysis success rate and improved yield. The webinar will also cover recent advancements in diagnosis technology and industrial case studies.
What You Will Learn
In this webinar you will learn about ways that allow failure analysis to regain its effectiveness and position as a key contributor to yield improvement in digital semiconductor devices, as well as significantly improve the analysis of field returns.
Topics to be covered include:
- Best practices for data collection and diagnosis of digital semiconductor devices
- Statistical analysis of diagnosis results to pick the correct dies for an effective failure analysis
- Layout-aware diagnosis
- Scan chain diagnosis
- Correlating diagnosis and DFM analysis results
- Case studies
About the Presenter
Geir Eide is the product marketing manager for the Silicon Learning Products in the Silicon Test Solutions group at Mentor Graphics. His current focus is on diagnosis and yield analysis. He has previously held positions related to design-for-test, semiconductor test, and silicon debug, in the design automation and semiconductor test industry. He earned BS and MS degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of California at Santa Barbara, and has an engineering degree from Kongsberg College of Engineering, Norway.
Who Should View
- Engineers and managers responsible for digital semiconductor product design, test, quality, or yield
- Engineers and managers responsible for digital semiconductor product and technology advancement
- Failure Analysis Lab Managers or Process Engineers
- Engineers involved in manufacturing production or process development
- Anyone involved with the impact of low yield or low product quality