Tessent® Diagnosis performs accurate and high-resolution test failure diagnosis to determine a defect’s most probable failure mechanism, logic location, and physical location.
Tessent Diagnosis uses failure data from manufacturing test, scan test patterns, and design information. With this data, Tessent Diagnosis identifies the location and classification of the defect causing the failure. Detailed analysis of devices that fail manufacturing test has been shown to greatly reduce the failure analysis effort and enables a diagnosis-driven yield analysis flow.
Features and Benefits
- Accelerates failure analysis through effectively classifying and localizing defects causing manufacturing test failures.
- Enables a diagnosis-driven yield analysis flow.
- Accelerates debug of timing-sensitive failures.
- Inclusion in TSMC and UMC reference flows assures foundry compatibility.
- Layout-aware capability improves accuracy and resolution of diagnosis results and provides physical callouts.
- Direct diagnosis of Tessent TestKompress® compressed test results.