It’s software release time in the SystemVision® offices, and we are pleased to announce that SystemVision 5.8 is ready for immediate download. I say “pleased” for two reasons. First, users will no doubt find good value in the many new features and updates. And second, SystemVision Engineering can take a break from their keyboards, and maybe even take a well-deserved nap (getting a release out the door usually requires long days and nights at the computer), before pressing on with development for the next release. Here are a few of the SystemVision 5.8 highlights:
- New products: SystemVision Remote Dispatch; SystemVision Envisage
- Tool integrations: Updates to current PCB tool releases; Support for the latest versions of Mentor Graphics® Capital®, Mentor Graphics QuestaSim and QuestaADMS, National Instruments® LabVIEW®, and MathWorks® Simulink®
- Design entry: GUI-based mapping between schematic symbols and simulation models; Simulation status check for instantiated schematic components; Improved bus and bundle handling
- Modeling: New transformer and inductor models; New measurement models for doing large signal, time-domain frequency analysis; New models that can be characterized directly from component datasheet information; Additional general analog and digital models; Updates to Datasheet Curve Modeler as well as our PSpice® and MAST® conversion tools
- Simulation: True corner-case simulation for extreme value analysis; New regression test tool; Experiment Manager support for Microsoft® Office 2010
- Waveform analysis: Updates to Saved Templates and Saved Measurements tools; Customizable graph window font schemes; New Cpk and Dpu statistical measurements; New Waveform Calculator Envelope function; New fixed-point display option for digital buses; New Railroad display option for stepped waveforms
- Tutorials: New PWM Controller tutorial; New tutorial for datasheet characterizable modeling; Updates to our Magnetics tutorial
All-in-all we addressed 85+ improvement requests, delivering on our continued commitment to develop and support features and functionality requested by the SystemVision user community.
For more release details, visit the SystemVision 5.8 download page at SupportNet, our award winning customer support website, and review the latest release notes. Better yet, contact your local Mentor Graphics sales and support team, or post a comment and I will respond.