Safety-critical Applications and xtUML
On-demand Web Seminar
Interest in adopting modeling practices is very high in domains requiring safety-critical design practices. In this presentation, the capabilities of BridgePoint and ReqTracer, two products from Mentor Graphics, are combined to implement a requirements-driven xtUML process that satisfies the requirements, verification, and code-quality needs of the safety-critical design community.
What You Will Learn
- What are the characteristics of a safety-critical design flow?
- How are requirements handled in the xtUML process?
- How can xtUML and the Mentor Graphics tool suite satisfy the needs of the safety-critical community?
Who Should Attend
- Systems Engineers
- SW Engineers/SW Architects
- HW/Electrical Design Engineers
- Systems Designers
- Projects Managers for Systems Projects
About the Presenter
Michelle Lange, a 22 year veteran of the EDA industry, has spent her career working in numerous aspects of marketing and technical communications. Michelle is now the Marketing Manager for the System Modeling and Analysis (SMA) business unit in the System Level Engineering (SLE) division. In this role, Michelle is responsible for the market strategy and messaging for the SystemVision, SVX, and BridgePoint products. Prior to this, Michelle was the DO-254 and Design Assurance Program Manager at Mentor Graphics where she worked with customers striving to meet DO-254 (and similar regulatory compliance), the product teams within Mentor that developed the tools/features required for these flows, partners in the industry who offered complimentary services and tools, and industry organizations such as the DO-254 User’s Group (in both EU and the US) whose participants focused on DO-254 issues. She also continues to be a member of the SAE S-18 committee, the group responsible for developing the system level development and safety-standards for civil aviation. Previous to her DO-254 focused role, Michelle held a variety of technical and marketing positions in several product divisions at Mentor including Design-for-Test and Design Verification. She has a BSEE (Maxima Cum Laude) from the University of Portland and MBA (Summa Cum Laude) from University of Phoenix.
Inside xtUML – an Online Learning Series
A learning experience that covers xtUML modeling details and the application of the xtUML process.
What do I need to watch and hear this web seminar?
Mentor Graphics’ web seminars are delivered using Adobe Connect. You will be able to login to the seminar room 15 minutes prior to the start time on the day of the presentation. You can hear the audio using your computer’s speakers via VoIP (Voice over IP) and background music will play prior to the beginning of the presentation.
Detailed system requirements
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3 or later
- 1.4GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
Mac OS X, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.4, 10.8
- Mozilla Firefox; Apple Safari; Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- 1.83GHz Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor and 512MB of RAM
- Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6; OpenSuSE 11.3
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3
- Apple supported devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3; iPhone 4 and 4 S, iPod touch (3rd generation minimum recommended)
- Apple supported OS versions summary: iOS 4.3.x, 5.x, or 6.x (5.x or higher recommended)
- Android supported devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1), Samsung Galaxy Tab (10.1), ASUS Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Tab (7”) , Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Nexus 7
- Android supported OS versions summary: 2.2 and higher
- Android AIR Runtime required: 3.2 or higher
- Bandwidth: 512Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications. Connection: DSL/cable (wired connection recommended) for Adobe Connect presenters, administrators, trainers, and event and meeting hosts.
ReqTracer + HDL Designer for Medical Applications
This webinar will present advanced chip design methods and practices that are now essential for any medical FPGA or ASIC design project.
ReqTracer + HDL Designer for Mil/Aero Applications
This webinar will present advanced chip design methods and practices that are now essential for any mil/aero FPGA or ASIC design project.
ReqTracer + HDL Designer
This webinar will present advanced chip design methods and practices that are now essential for any design project.