Advanced Statistical Analysis for System Design
On-demand Web Seminar
Learn how advanced design tools can be used to adjust design parameters to meet nominal design requirements, to assess the manufacturability of a design, and to optimize design to meet specification while reducing cost to manufacture.
Many of today’s systems (which may be analog, digital, or a mix of the two) are manufactured in high volumes and must have a low failure rate when produced over the life of the product. In addition, many of these systems must work under extreme environmental conditions. These requirements are coupled with shorter design times and pressure to decrease the cost of the systems. In order to meet these needs, advanced design tools must be used.
This presentation describes three sets of analyses that can be used to address these problems:
- The first set of analyses can be used to understand the operation of the design and to adjust the design parameters to meet the nominal design requirements.
- The second set of analyses is used to assess the manufacturability of the design – will the design meet the specifications when it is produced in quantity or used under extreme conditions? How much does the design performance vary due to the parameter variations?
- The third set of analyses is used to optimize the design to meet the specifications while at the same time reducing the cost to manufacture the design. These analyses quickly identify the most influential parameters that affect the design when it is manufactured in quantities.
What You Will Learn
- How to meet customer requirements while minimizing the impact of manufacturing and environmental variations
- How to reduce design time and costs using computer simulation techniques
- How to use analysis to identify the most influential parameters that affect design when it is manufactured in quantities
About the Presenter
Dr. David Bedrosian is a design engineer with more than 20 years of experience developing software products in the area of circuit simulation and data analysis and visualization. He holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Waterloo in Canada.
Who Should View
- Engineering managers who are concerned about improving quality while reducing design-cycle time
- System-design engineers
- Engineers and managers involved in analog, digital, or mixed-signal system design
- Engineers and managers involved in mechatronic system design - particularly in rapid prototyping environments where return on tool investment is critical
Reducing size, weight and power (SWaP), improving reliability, and addressing parts obsolescence are increasing concerns in mil-aero hardware development projects. A Via Configurable ASICs (VCA) can be...…View Technology Overview
Examine effective methods to develop and test complex, integrated systems – consisting of motors, electronics, and control software.…View On-demand Web Seminar
Learn the latest innovations in the design of complex integrated motion control systems with virtual prototyping environments covering algorithm, software, electronics, motors, actuators and other multi-physics...…View On-demand Web Seminar
Other Related Resources
White Paper: This paper explores a more modern approach to system development built on a Model Driven Development (MDD) approach. MDD directly addresses the three key challenges of systems design: 1) sequential development...…View White Paper
White Paper: View White Paper
White Paper: RTCA/DO-254 (also known as DO-254 in the US or ED-80 in Europe) provides guidelines to facilitate requirements-based design of airborne electronic hardware. Now mandated by the US Federal Aviation Association...…View White Paper
News and Press
BridgePoint from Mentor Graphics Provides Agilent GC Instrumentation Division an Efficient Methodology for Embedded Software Development
SAE 2013 WORLD CONGRESS EXPOSITION, DETROIT, Mich., April 17, 2013—Mentor Graphics Corporation and Agilent Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: A), the world’s premier measurement company,... View News Article
System Modeling and Integration Tutorials. These multimedia presentations provide information pertaining to model driven development methodologies. More
This series of brief (3-5 minutes) multimedia presentations explain various aspects of the BridgePoint tool and xtUML essentials in general. More