Advanced Statistical Analysis for System Design
On-demand Web Seminar
Many of today’s systems (which may be analog, digital, or a mix of the two) are manufactured in high volumes and must have a low failure rate when produced over the life of the product. In addition, many of these systems must work under extreme environmental conditions. These requirements are coupled with shorter design times and pressure to decrease the cost of the systems. In order to meet these needs, advanced design tools must be used.
This presentation describes three sets of analyses that can be used to address these problems:
- The first set of analyses can be used to understand the operation of the design and to adjust the design parameters to meet the nominal design requirements.
- The second set of analyses is used to assess the manufacturability of the design – will the design meet the specifications when it is produced in quantity or used under extreme conditions? How much does the design performance vary due to the parameter variations?
- The third set of analyses is used to optimize the design to meet the specifications while at the same time reducing the cost to manufacture the design. These analyses quickly identify the most influential parameters that affect the design when it is manufactured in quantities.
What You Will Learn
- How to meet customer requirements while minimizing the impact of manufacturing and environmental variations
- How to reduce design time and costs using computer simulation techniques
- How to use analysis to identify the most influential parameters that affect design when it is manufactured in quantities
About the Presenter
Dr. David Bedrosian is a design engineer with more than 20 years of experience developing software products in the area of circuit simulation and data analysis and visualization. He holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Waterloo in Canada.
Who Should View
- Engineering managers who are concerned about improving quality while reducing design-cycle time
- System-design engineers
- Engineers and managers involved in analog, digital, or mixed-signal system design
- Engineers and managers involved in mechatronic system design - particularly in rapid prototyping environments where return on tool investment is critical
Improving Complex System Design Reliability and Robustness
Learn how using model-based design can produce order-of-magnitude improvements in productivity and quality and help ensure the reliability and robustness of your next system design. …
Tackling Your Mechatronic System Design Challenges
This session presents an innovative mechatronic system integration capability featuring SystemVision. You will learn how SystemVision uses standards-based modeling, and advanced simulation and analysis...…
Other Related Resources
Time-Varying Modeling of Electric Vehicle Chargers
White Paper: Nonlinear loads, such as those used in electric vehicle chargers, introduce power quality issues within distributions that can have detrimental effects on system assets. This paper presents shows how a...…
Forestalling "11th Hour" Design Problems in System Design
White Paper: This paper discusses ways that model-based development lays the groundwork for an integrated design flow that addresses the complexity challenge once and for all. Thanks to recent advances in modeling languages...…