System Modeling, Simulation & Analysis
On-demand Web Seminar
This webinar will present an innovative system-integration methodology, illustrated using sample systems, to help you create a fully functioning, on-time product, rather than one that gets to market late, with intermittent field failures.
Today’s cross-discipline electro-mechanical or “mechatronic” systems (combining mechanical, electrical, control, and software systems) require highly coordinated modeling, simulation, and interaction among members of the extended design team.
What You Will Learn
- Basic analog, digital, mixed-signal and multi-technology modeling, leveraging a large library of built-in SPICE models, easily added vendor models, and using datasheet-driven graphical modeling methods.
- Digital hardware modeling and simulation—running in the context of a complete electro-mechanical/mechatronic system.
- Parametric and statistical analysis methods to improve quality and reduce manufacturing and warranty costs.
- Going beyond analog and digital electronics to include thermal, electro-magnetic and mechanical components, as well as digital logic and other critical aspects of the mechatronic system, using VHDL-AMS.
- Collaboration with colleagues who are using Simulink for control algorithm design, so they can include higher fidelity hardware models “in-the-loop.”
- Execution and verification of C-code from your embedded system control or supervisory software function, also in the context of the mechatronic system.
About the Presenter
R. Scott Cooper has been developing simulation models for more than two decades. The author of "The Designers' Guide to Analog & Mixed-Signal Modeling," Scott has worked in the aerospace industry and currently in the EDA industry, developing modeling and simulation techniques that benefit multiple industries.
Who Should View
- Engineering managers concerned about improving quality while reducing design-cycle time
- System-design engineers
- Engineers and managers involved in analog, digital, or mixed-signal system design
- Engineers and managers involved in mechatronic system design - particularly in rapid prototyping environments where return on tool investment is critical
Tackling Your Mechatronic System Design Challenges
This session presents an innovative mechatronic system integration capability featuring SystemVision. You will learn how SystemVision uses standards-based modeling, and advanced simulation and analysis...…
A New, No-Compromise Hardware Option that Will Meet Your Cost, Schedule & Risk Budgets
This session discusses and demonstrates how a systems or application engineer, with no IC design or modeling experience, can quickly develop and test their own custom mixed-signal integrated circuit.…
Facing the 'More Electric' Design Challenge with 'More Integrated' Modeling Capability Design
This session will demonstrate standards-based modeling format and tool integration technology that supports multi-disciplinary design team collaboration as they apply to power generation and distribution...…
Other Related Resources
Forestalling "11th Hour" Design Problems in System Design
White Paper: This paper discusses ways that model-based development lays the groundwork for an integrated design flow that addresses the complexity challenge once and for all. Thanks to recent advances in modeling languages...…
A VHDL-AMS Fuel Cell Model for Mechatronic System Analysis
White Paper: Modeling is a useful technique that allows important variables to be parameterized and provides visibility to the key factors that drive performance. This white paper describes how to apply an electrochemical...…