Volcano VSA COM Designer
The Volcano VSA COM Designer is a network design tool that enables users to design automotive CAN, LIN and FlexRay networks while managing timing requirements, variants, configurations, and releases. It supports network design of AUTOSAR-based ECUs as well as standard CAN/ LIN implementations, such as those using Volcano VTP. Systems containing both AUTOSAR BSW and other implementations can also be designed in VSA COM Designer.
Intended for large-scale industrial use, VSA COM Designer supports multiple concurrent users and enables them to easily manage diverse configurations and variants of the designed systems.
VSA Com Designer Features & Benefits
- System-level timing requirements (EAST-ADL and AUTO-SAR)
- CAN, LIN, FlexRay
- Timing analysis
- Configuration, release and change management for net-work design data
- Super-set network design allows managing vast amount of variants in a single design
- Detailed ECU change management to enable detailed control of communication changes in each ECU
In many cases, an automotive network designer’s job is primarily to integrate existing ECU components with newly developed ECUs to create a single working system configu¬ration while ensuring that the majority of ECUs be reusable in multiple vehicle models or even platforms. VSA COM Designer supports the user in this complex task by allowing the specification of an acceptable change level for each ECU, which VSA COM Designer then enforces. Additionally, the VSA COM Designer allows management of ECU variants as so-called “Super ECUs,” which reduces design maintenance effort and ensures consistent network designs for all ECU variants.
Typical Steps in Automotive Network Design
- Define a system using Volcano VSA or other system design tool. This step encompasses definition of ECUs, SWCs, topology, timing requirement, etc
- Define change constraints for carry-over ECUs and previous network designs
- Design an initial communication matrix based on requirements and constraints
- Refine the network design
- Design a strategy definition including Super ECUs
- Design analysis and validation steps per requirements
- Generate output: AUTOSAR ECU extract, DBC, LDF FIBEX, etc.
- Generate reports, with configurable layout and formats