Vehicle Communication Design & Management
Automotive networking involves the design and management of disparate networks which handle the exchange of thousands of signals coming from multiple computers.
Automotive networking software allows the user to manage:
- Real-time requirements in the distributed computer system
- Changes in communication requirements and architecture
- Version and variant control
With traditional products the user to must manually define frames and typically can’t tell if the system will even work until it has been tested, Volcano network design tools allow the user to define the correct requirements prior to testing.
Unlike the more traditional design approach, in which the initial design effort relies on a trial-and-error approach, Volcano enables a “design-to-correctness” process that includes:
- Automatic communication design
- Mathematical timing analysis
- Seamless connection to the implementation
- Automatic verification of communication parameters with respect to timing
Volcano Network Architect is a design and analysis tool for CAN and LIN communication systems. VNA provides design, analysis and administrative functions and supports designing systems with legacy electronic control units (ECUs) with fixed messaging.