Model-Driven Systems Development
The development and intelligent use of computer models by the aerospace and military industries are critical to their design processes. Designers can use model-driven system development to test and verify compatibility with harsh operating environments and compliance with strict reliability requirements in their complex system designs.
Tools from Mentor Graphics allow our aerospace and military customers to design digital devices that meet or exceed their rigorous standards. You can avoid cost overruns, schedule delays, low reliability, and even product failures related to the development of large-scale systems and platforms.
- Evaluate new ideas
- Optimize designs for cost and manufacturability
- Deliver the highest quality at the best cost
This approach also allows system designers to create system models before physical hardware is available. The models can incorporate various technologies, including mechanical, magnetic, hydraulic, thermal effects, or other characteristics that can be described using algebraic or differential equations. Plus, a model-based design approach allows designers to leverage transfer function-, RTL-, algorithmic-, and even specification-based models.
System engineers in military and aerospace can create and analyze analog, mixed signal, digital, and electromechanical designs with SystemVision. You can explore concepts, specify system functionality, investigate architectural partitions, and integrate implementation of electronics, sensors/actuators, controls, and embedded software, all in one virtual environment. Learn more about SystemVision
- Reduce development time, simplify hardware/software integration, and reduce manufacturing and warranty costs
- Perform design verification of hierarchical schematic and circuit elements
- Verify concepts through block diagrams and transfer functional blocks
- Supports industry-standard languages such as VHDL-AMS, SPICE, and C
BridgePoint is a complete suite of UML tools many military and aerospace companies use to develop real-time embedded systems. It has been used to develop highly demanding systems such as launch vehicles, life-critical medical systems, fault-tolerant telecom systems, resource-constrained electronics, and distributed, discrete-event HLA simulation systems. Learn more about BridgePoint
- Generate 100% complete, target-optimized code
- Reduce defect rates through early execution of target-independent application models and test of application-independent designs; both of which can be re-used
- Accelerate development and speed ramp-up of products with multiple releases and growing or changing requirements
- Compress project schedules with concurrent design and application analysis modeling
- Optimize resources and fine-tune performance
- Reduce maintenance costs and extend product lifetimes
SystemVision is an integrated and scalable environment for circuit, system and mechatronic modeling.
Model-driven development for real-time embedded applications. Captures the design in UML 2.0 with extensions for platform-independent modeling.