The World Cup is here! Every four years, the culmination of hundreds of qualifying matches around the world brings the best national teams together for nearly a month of intense competition to determine the world champion football team (Sorry, USA, but it’s football everywhere else). New national uniforms are unveiled, shoe companies vie to sponsor the best players and teams with their most advanced … Read More
Foundry Solution Blog
Posts tagged with 'ic manufacturing'
Photonics technology isn’t new, by any means, but what is new is the drive to leverage high-volume silicon-based semiconductor manufacturing foundries and processes to build chips that can create, sense, modulate, and transmit light. So says Michael White in his latest SiliconEdge column on Electronic Design. The biggest challenge in applying CMOS foundry processes to silicon photonics is creating … Read More
Every designer dreads the last-minute engineering change order, or ECO. Just when you think you’re done…you’re not. At 45nm and below, ECOs get even more difficult to implement, because fill now has a direct impact on design performance. A small re-routing can get complicated very quickly with the complex fill requirements of advanced nodes. Fortunately, help is available! On Semiconductor … Read More
The semiconductor industry can (and does) argue about when extreme ultraviolet lithography will be ready for production. However, the actual dates are irrelevant to those engineers who must prepare OPC tools and processes for the EUV-specific effects that will have to be managed in manufacturing. They are busy now, evaluating the impact of such challenges as the distortion caused by EUV shadowing. In … Read More
David Abercrombie recently met with Brian Bailey of Semiconductor Engineering to explain many of the concepts and issues of multi-patterning that he has been writing about for the last couple of years. If you want to understand the basics of multi-patterning requirements, 12 minutes is all you need to check out their first video: Tech Talk: Multipatterning on semiengineering.com. If the video piques … Read More
Download the latest version of our guide to multi-patterning design and debugging, containing links to all of David Abercrombie’s detailed educational articles on SemiEngineering.com, along with links for complementary reference and learning options. Whether you are already working on designs with multi-patterning requirements, or just beginning multi-patterning work, you will benefit from David’s … Read More
Foundries, both pure-play and independent device manufacturers (IDM), rigorously compete for market share. One factor that helps them get and keep business is turnaround time (TAT). Until recently, companies could reduce TAT by adding computer hardware, fine-tuning OPC recipes, improving input hierarchical handling of designs, and upgrading to new software versions with new functionality and performance … Read More
- Friendly but Shy Bears, and other EOS/ESD Issues
- It's Electrifying!
- Manage Your Stress...Advice from the Experts
- Testing the Boundaries of Good Design
- Making the Impossible -- Dealing with Patterns Throughout the Design and Manufacturing Flow
- Failing to Succeed
- Global Warming
- Won't You Please, Please Help Me?
- A Raft for a Flood - FinFET and Multi-Patterning Aware Place & Route
- September, 2014
- August, 2014
- July, 2014
- June, 2014
- May, 2014
- March, 2014
- February, 2014
- January, 2014
- UPDATE: Multi-Patterning Unmasked!!
- The Trouble with Triples—Part 2
- A Little Bit Here, A Little Bit There...Calibre Cluster Manager Reduces Turnaround Time
- TSMC OIP presentations now available!
- Can You Benefit from Cell-Aware Test?
- FinFET Fever...or FinFET Fear?
- 2014 is Underway! What's on Your Calendar?
- Routing Closure Challenges at 28nm and Below
- How Do I?
- Are you the 1%?
- Low Power, High Performance Design, Verification, and Test
- December, 2013
- Qualification Is Just the Beginning
- Pattern Matching: Blueprints for Further Success
- Mastering the Magic of Multi-Patterning
- The Trouble With Triples—Part 1
- Reducing the Tapeout Crunch with Signoff Confidence
- Foundry Solutions Video Blog: Calibre PERC
- Customizing Calibre Jobs without Editing Rule Decks
- Model-Based Hints: GPS for LFD Success
- October, 2013
- September, 2013
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- May, 2009